Looking for a dairy free pudding recipe that features almond milk? This cookies and cream pudding recipe is easy, vegan friendly and DELICIOUS
VEGAN PUDDING RECIPE
Thank you to So Delicious for partnering with us on this post.
For years, almond milk has been my milk of choice.
Jack was on a dairy free diet for about a year, and because I have a bit of a sensitivity to cow’s milk, I avoid it when I can.
Plus, I just love the taste of almond milk so much more! Because we are always buying it, I like to experiment with making some of our favorite recipes dairy free – especially desserts! I know quite a few people with dairy allergies or intolerances, and I like to have a few great recipes up my sleeve for when I cook for them.
It makes for a great substitute for cow’s milk!
However, over the year’s I’ve discovered not all almond milks are created equally. Some of them contain weird ingredients and many of them contain carageenan, which is an ingredient I tend to avoid.
One brand I LOVE is So Delicious. They have simple ingredients, are vegan certified, and it just tastes good. I feel good serving it to my kids because I can pronounce all the ingredients (and know what they are!)
Today, I’m excited to share a dairy free and vegan pudding recipe featuring So Delicious Vanilla Almond Milk.
This dairy free pudding recipe features cookies and cream (just buy some chocolate sandwich cookies that are dairy free/vegan – widely available and inexpensive), and it’s really easy to make.
I definitely recommend picking up some So Delicious Almond Milk at Target – they have a great Cartwheel deal right now for 20% off any So Delicious product – so make sure you use that before you start on this recipe.
This recipe is also a gluten free pudding recipe as we use cornstarch instead of flour. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully so you don’t get clumps of it in the mixture!
Being dairy free and/or vegan doesn’t mean you have to miss out on tasty treats that you grew up loving. This vegan pudding is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face – regardless of their dietary preferences!
HOW TO MAKE DAIRY FREE PUDDING
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 1/3 cup So Delicious Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- Whisk together corn starch, sugar, and water until smooth and no clumps remain.
- Over medium-high heat, combine all the ingredients (except for the sandwich cookies). Let the mixture come to a low boil and whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Once it's become pretty thick, remove from heat and let it cool for about 5-10 minutes. It will continue to thicken. Once thickened to your desired consistency, add crushed cookies and stir.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com