Do you ever start a recipe with one goal in mind…only for it to totally change by the time you are eating it?
Well, that’s what happened with recipe…but fortunately, the end-result was incredibly tasty.
You see, I wanted to try and make banana bread in the Instant Pot. I had seen a few pressure cooker banana bread recipes, and I adjusted this around a little bit.
Unfortunately, I had trouble finding a dish that I could put in the Instant Pot (I ended up using the interior pot from our rice cooker), so I wasn’t entirely sure if it would work out.
So I put all my ingredients in and crossed my fingers and toes that something edible would result.
Get the BEST Instant Pot Recipes!
Signup for our weekly newsletter for our latest Instant Pot and other family friendly recipes!
- As a bonus, you will receive an FREE eCookbook and meal planner
- Let us know what IP recipes YOU want next!
And that it did!
But it was definitely not banana bread. It was more of a gooey, moist chocolate banana bread cake.
And trust me – I’m not complaining!
It was SO good – even better than any banana bread that could have resulted.
I’ve been so excited to share it, and I finally had a chance to sit down and share the recipe. I feel like discovering that you can do desserts with the Instant Pot is a total game changer – don’t you?!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mash bananas. Combine with butter, apple sauce, brown sugar, vanilla and egg.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a Instant Pot-safe dish (that has been sprayed with cooking spray)
- Pour 1 1/2 cup water into Instant Pot. Place trivet on bottom.
- Put the dish on the trivet. Cover with paper towel and then tin foil .
- Set to manual high pressure for 50 minutes.
- Natural Pressure Release for about 8 minutes.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).