This chocolate peanut butter pie is incredibly simple to make, with a chocolatey cookie crust and a smooth, peanut butter and chocolate filling. Even with its simplicity, the flavor is incredible, and it’s a great option for a Thanksgiving dessert. Make sure to serve it cold!
Thanksgiving is only about a month away, and I have to admit – pies are one of my favorite parts of the holiday. I always eat a little bit less at dinner (except for maybe of rolls. I love rolls!) so I can enjoy one (or two) slices of pie. If you feel too full, you can’t really enjoy it – maybe people should start serving pie first on Thanksgiving. Great idea, I know.
So, I was excited when I was invited to be a part of Wayfair’s Parade of Pies! While I typically love making my caramel apple pecan pie, I thought it would be fun to share something a little different this time.And let me tell you – what I came up with was pretty delicious. In fact, it’s even award-winning!
A few weeks ago, we went to a Chili Cook-off at church. They always have a pie contest as well. Forrest loves entering the chili cook-off part, and I always make something for the pie contest. I never win, but it’s always fun to come up with some kind of fun pie to share.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
I entered this chocolate peanut butter pie, and not only did it disappear super quickly, but it won an award! There were three awards given out, and this pie received the “sweetest pie” award. So if you are looking for something less sweet…you may not enjoy this. However, if you have a sweet tooth like I do, and you LOVE the peanut butter/chocolate flavor combination, you might want to make this for Thanksgiving…and every other weekend!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
This pie is seriously so easy, and it’s practically no bake. You can either buy a chocolate crust from the store, or make the simple one I shared in the recipe above. Either way, I think you’ll enjoy it!
Make sure you share this recipe and comment as well! I’m in the running to win the pie bake off!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 20 chocolate cookies - medium sized. I used grasshopper cookies , though if you don't like mint with peanut butter, I'd choose something else!
- 4 tablespoons butter**
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 3/4 cup chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanuts (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush chocolate cookies in a food processor.
- Combine with 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Press into a pie pan and bake for about 8-10 minutes. If the crust starts to slide down at all, just press it back up while the crust is still warm.
- Let crust cool completely. Place in freezer for a few minutes to speed the process up.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the peanut butter with the softened cream cheese until everything is creamy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add in whipped topping and combine well.
- Finally, add in the peanut butter cups and mix.
- Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust.
- Top with peanuts and refrigerate. Serve cold.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com