We went to a character breakfast at Disneyland in May, and it was so delicious! Easily the best food we ate while we were there.
While there were lots of delicious options, there were two things I kept getting more – chilaquiles and bananas foster french toast.
Oh man, those made the price of the breakfast worth it (well, as well as seeing Jack light up whenever a character came to our table!)
So for Forrest’s birthday a few weeks later, I thought it would be fun to make a banana’s foster french toast casserole. I was so excited to try it out, and I was even more excited that it turned out so well.
This is a great casserole to make before holidays, birthdays, or times when you want a yummy breakfast but you don’t have a ton of time in the morning. I love the subtle caramelized banana flavor!
This is really easy to make, and we all really enjoyed it. I hope you will as well!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 medium-sized bananas
- 3/4 French bread loaf, torn into pieces
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Combine milk, butter, and brown sugar in a sauce pan until melted.
- Bring to a boil and whisk continually until it starts to thicken. When it has thickened, remove from heat and stir in salt and vanilla.
- Pour 1/2 of the sauce in the bottom a 9x13 glass dish.
- Put a layer of banana slices on top of the sauce.
- Layer the torn up french bread on top of the bananas.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the bread.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Pour over the french bread.
- Add almond slices on top.
- Cover with tinfoil and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Baked at 375 for 35 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 914 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 3083mg Carbohydrates: 129g Sugar: 29g Protein: 58g
You May Also Enjoy These Other Breakfast Casseroles (click photo for recipe):
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).