Delicious Toasted Coconut Waffles
After months of temperatures in the 90’s we are finally seeing some cool breezes, rain showers and that crisp, familiar chill is in the air.
This post was sponsored by Crisco® Coconut Oil as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Fall time is my absolute favorite. And one thing I love about it is the yummy foods I tend to cook this time of year.
I thought it would be appropriate to make one of our favorite comfort meals to welcome in the changing of the seasons.
In our house, we have breakfast foods for dinner. In fact, my two girls think it’s weird to have eggs, pancakes and hash browns for breakfast since we eat it mainly for dinner!
Homemade waffles are so easy and simple to make that it is usually my go-to when we do breakfast for dinner.
I made them for dinner for my family but wanted to change it up a bit and decided on making delicious toasted coconut waffles.
I think the secret to this recipe is the Crisco® Refined Organic Coconut Oil ( Crisco Refined Coconut Oil has no flavor or aroma while Crisco Unrefined Coconut Oil oil keeps the coconut flavor and odor ) which was used in place of butter or oil in the recipe.
The coconut oil adds a really chewy sweetness to the batter which my kids loved!
I found my Crisco Refined Organic Coconut Oil at my local Target- which just so happens to be my favorite store ever! I could walk the aisles of a Target any day and not get sick of it.
I love finding new products to use and was not disappointed by the Crisco Coconut Oil.
Crisco at Target is actually running a Cartwheel coupon offer at Target for 25% off all varieties from September 3rd to October 7th.
So run, don’t walk to your own Target store and take part of that awesome deal so you can make your own fall time favorite recipes, including this delicious recipe for Toasted Coconut Waffles.
- 1½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 2 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- ⅔ cup Crisco® Refined Coconut Oil melted
- 1 2 cup sugar
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread your shredded coconut on a cookie sheet and bake for about 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together your flours, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix together eggs, milk, buttermilk, Crisco® Refined Coconut Oil, sugar and about 1 cup of shredded coconut.
- Heat your waffle iron as directed and spray the inside of the iron with nonstick cooking spray. Pour about 23 cups of batter in your waffle iron and cook to your liking.
- Top your waffle with butter, syrup and leftover toasted coconut.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).