This classic cheese ball recipe is the perfect appetizer for every event. It’s filled with cream cheese, cheddar, and olives!
This post is sponsored by Lindsay, but my love for their bite-sized fun is entirely my own.
I love olives!
Black, green, Kalamata—I love them all!
When I was a little girl I couldn’t get enough of putting them on my fingers at family dinners, and I always laugh when other children do that today.
So when I was given the challenge by Lindsay to make a dish where olives were the star, my only indecision was what recipe to use and what kind of olives?
My daughter Cindy’s favorite pizza topping is black olives, and recently my father and I shared a pizza that was decked out in kalamatas.
In my mind, the topper on Greek Salad is the kalamatas, but I love black olives in tossed salad. What to do???
I finally decided to share a wonderful cheese ball recipe that includes olives in the recipe for a family gathering I was hosting. It was given to me by my husband’s mother years ago, and I’ve renamed it in her honor.
Delcie's Old-Fashioned Cheese Ball
- Two 8-ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup mayo
- A few shakes of garlic powder
- One bunch green onions diced
- Ten Lindsay olives green or black, diced
- Two tablespoons diced pimentos
- Two or three handfuls of grated cheese mild cheddar or cheddar-jack combination
- Chopped pecans optional
- Combine first seven ingredients in order given and form into a ball.
- If desired, roll in pecans.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Harder crackers like wheat thins are delicious with this cheeseball.
I chose to use Lindsay’s green ripe olives in this recipe.
They taste just like black olives because they are fully ripe, but they look like green olives, and I think the color is more appealing in a cheese ball than black olives.
If you love green olives, Lindsay also makes some delicious stuffed green olives with pimentos. If you use those you might want to use fewer additional pimentos, but it all depends on your own taste. You can find them in store or buy them online.
This cheese ball was a big hit at our recent family party and I recommend it for any game-day parties you are planning.
They are easy to make ahead, but beware they usually disappear quickly. This cheese ball was a big hit at our recent family party and I recommend it for any game-day parties you are planning.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com