A cheesy bacon artichoke dip recipe – this is perfect for parties!
Thank you to Freschetta for making this post possible!
Up until about a year ago, Jack was on a pretty strict diet.
He had so many weird health issues that baffled his doctors, and their own solution at times was to experiment with his diet.
The diet that seemed to work best for him was low FODMAP, and that required him to eat little to no gluten.
Needless to say, that wasn’t a favorite time in my life. I love gluten products – breads, pastas, pizza…love them. However, I didn’t want to make separate meals for everyone, so I adapted and learned a lot about gluten free living during that time.
One thing that always frustrated me though was pizza. It was SO hard to find good pizza.
Most of the mixes I found for dough were not that great, and most of the pizza places we went to had crusts that tasted like cardboard.
So when I tried Freschetta’s gluten free pizza a few weeks ago, I was SO bummed I hadn’t known about this back then.
I think that the mark of a good gluten free product is that you can’t tell it’s gluten free – and that’s exactly how I feel about Freschetta’s gluten free crust. It just tasted like a regular pizza crust – thin, obviously – but it just tasted normal. No one has to feel like they are getting the less delicious pizza – in fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if people would be fighting over the last piece!
My mom even said, “I don’t like frozen pizza, but I really like this.” So you know it’s good. It’s flaky, crispy, and certified gluten free by the. Celiac Support Association.
We made pepperoni kind for a college football game that was going on between my alma mater, and their biggest rival. I decided to pair it with a yummy dip recipe – cheesy bacon spinach dip.
This dip recipe is also gluten free, so this would be a great meal to have on hand for those times when you have a gluten free friend come over. If you know me, I love a good spinach dip, and this one definitely tops the list as one of my favorites.
It’s really easy to make, and I thought it paired perfectly with the pizza. I even dipped the pizza in it a few times!
Freschetta has graciously offered to give one of our readers FIVE coupons for a free Gluten Free Freschetta Pizza, as well as a $50 VISA Gift Card! This giveaway will run until October 4th. All you have to do is enter using the options below, and we will choose a winner at random
- 1/2 frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 package bacon bits (low sodium)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well-combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of a pie dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 3 Sodium: 12mg Carbohydrates: 1g
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com