To compliment the Green Egg pretzel cookies, we decided that we needed some actual eggs, and ham as well. We purchased two delicious quiches from Costco, and then made my mom’s famous breakfast casserole. Since the baby shower was at 10:00 AM, it was the perfect addition to our little brunch fest. We had originally planned to put ham in this casserole, but forget in the end, but that’s okay. Because I don’t even like ham 😉 So we just pretended like there was ham, and it was almost all gone by the time the shower was over.This casserole is made quite often — Father’s Day, Easter, Christmas…you get the idea, perfect for holidays and parties, or just any time really. You have to make it the night before, but it’s perfect to just throw in the oven the morning you want to use it, and it’s just so darn tasty. We even made it lactose free this time by using Kraft Natural’s cheese, and almond milk! I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 4 cups frozen, shredded hash browns
- 2 cup grated Kraft Colby Jack cheese
- Eight large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Fry sausage in frying pan until down; remove to paper towel and remove excess grease. In same pan, saute ½ cup onion and ½ cup green pepper until soft.
- Mix sausage, onion, green pepper, and shredded hashbrowns together and put into 9x13 pan. Sprinkle two cups grated cheese over the top.
- In separate bowl, whip eight large eggs, and 1 and ¼ cup milk, salt and pepper. Mix together and pour over hash brown mixture. Put in fridge overnight or for at least two hours. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until eggs are set