One of my least favorite things to do is driving. Within six months of getting my driver’s license, I was in two car accidents (sadly, both my fault) and that just kind of scarred me for life. Driving on the freeway (or other busy roads) seriously stress me out — so I don’t do it — and I just drive the minimum amount I have to. Let’s not even talk about how much I dislike driving in the snow!
Obviously, I can’t avoid driving altogether, so whenever we can find ways to make the driving process easier, believe me — I jump all over that! I absolutely loved having a blind spot detector in some of the cars we reviewed, and I always like driving the car after a tune up…it just makes it feel safer!
We also have an older car, which means it doesn’t run as well as it might have previously. Because of that, it’s even more important for us to keep up on things like oil changes, changing the windshield wipers, and making sure the battery isn’t on the outs.
So, when I found out about Zubie, I couldn’t wait to try it out.
What is the “Zubie”? Well, it’s pretty much the most awesome technology your car can have! It’s a smart device that plugs into the standard port in cars. It is designed to help you diagnose repair problems (say goodbye to paying a mechanic hundreds to tell you), monitor your cars activity, and just make driving easier.
Here are some of the awesome features of Zubie:
- Real time location of vehicle and notifications of when family members return home, arrive at work or school, etc.
- Be alerted to problems before they become “real” problems — such as a battery that’s about to die.
- Track and improve your driving
- Be alerted to engine problems
- Check engine light translated into layman’s terms
- Repair cost and insight
- and much more
This video will teach you a little bit more about it:
I honestly can’t wait to try Zubie out! We are being given the chance to try it out, and I think it will be a worthwhile experience. As I mentioned, our car is getting older, and we are always guessing what we think is wrong. And, who doesn’t want to know when their car battery is about to die?! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been stranded with a dead battery. I’ll be doing a few more posts to talk about my experience soon!
If I’ve convinced you try it out, use code SAVE20DEC and SAVE 20% on your Zubie Key plus one year of service. Offer good through January 31, 2013. Shipping charges apply. Be sure to Like Zubie on Facebook, Follow @GoZubie on Twitter, and, most importantly, say hi to Zubie!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com