One of the things I love about summer is the 4th of July. There is nothing like plenty of grilling, being outdoors and enjoying the amazing fireworks. I am lacking in my decor though and so I have been working on a few crafts to celebrate the holiday and this table topper was the start. It is super easy and I made it under an hour!
I started out by cutting the bigger pieces 12″x18″. I did this for the back (blue stars), front (cream), as well as some thin batting on the inside. The upper corner piece is 6″x6″ and then I cut 7 – 1″ pieces of the red stars for the stripes.
I took all those 3 of the big pieces and put them right sides together and stitched around. Turning it inside out, I topstitched to close up the hole on the bottom. I like the vintage look on a lot of things and so I stitched around each of the stripes with a straight stitch, which lets it fray just slightly. If you don’t want to have it fraying, you can do a zig-zag stitch which will cut down on that.And now you have the perfect topper for your 4th of July party!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com