Ever since I heard the news about the Cricut Maker and got one in my hands, I have been waiting on pins and needles for the Knife Blade to be released.
Based on the number of questions I get about it, I know all of you have been, too!
And I’m excited to announce that it is NOW HERE.
This blade is incredible. It’s basically an X-ACTO Knife for the Maker, which opens the doors for cutting thicker materials than ever before (it will make cutting with wood a cinch). You can click here to read more, but here are a few things you should know:
- It is available for purchased on the Cricut.com website as well as other retailers like Jo-Ann’s Fabric and Walmart. Currently it seems to only be available online, though it should be in stores soon.
- It can cut through thicker materials like balsa wood, leather, craft foam, and chipboard. The entire list can be found here, along with the recommended thickness of those materials.
- It costs $39.99 for the housing + blade. The replacement blades are $16.99.
- You should always use the purple StrongGrip mat with it.
- It does take longer for the knife blade to cut
- It is ONLY available for the Cricut Maker
- You need to move the rings on the Maker all the way to the right before cutting
Here are some additional resources:
Here is a great video that shows the top 10 things you should know about the Cricut Knife Blade:
Be aware that it is available in limited quantities, so if you want to get it, grab one now.
Get our FREE Cricut for Beginners Course + over 50 free project ideas!
And if it’s not available, it should be back in stock soon!
Click here to check the stock and buy now! and be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you can get projects made with the Knife Blade! I will be doing LOTS of tutorials in the near future!