As I’ve been perusing different Facebook groups over the past few weeks, a day doesn’t go by that I don’t see someone lamenting on the fact that they are dreading Thanksgiving.
It’s not that they don’t enjoy being with family or taking time to express gratitude for what they have.
The prep is what they are dreading, which I can totally understand.
If you aren’t careful when it comes to Thanksgiving and other holidays, you can easily get burnt out.
Personally, I don’t mind spending all day in the kitchen.
It’s what I love to do.
But for many, it’s the hardest part of the day.
So today, I wanted to share the secret to a stress-free Thanksgiving.
Ask for help.
I think that number one cause of Thanksgiving burnout is trying to do everything yourself.
Guess what – you don’t have to do it all yourself. Thanksgiving doesn’t equal everyone relaxing and watching football while you cook up a storm in the kitchen.
Make assignments if you have guests coming – most of them will be happy to bring something. Enlist your children to help with jobs they are able to do. Prep food before the day of – rolls freeze wonderfully!
Thank you to Boston Market for sponsoring this post
And if that still seems too daunting…well, you can ask Boston Market for help.
We recently were asked to review their “Complete Thanksgiving Meal for 12”, and I’m not kidding you – it was amazing.
A giant box with all the food we needed arrived in the mail, and all we had to do was defrost and warm.
Within about an hour (minus the defrosting time), we had a full Thanksgiving meal that was delicious.
Nothing about this meal tasted prepackaged or inauthnetic. It truly tasted like someone had slaved away for hours in the kitchen…and none of us did.
I mean, look how happy my mom looks that she didn’t make that turkey herself!
Boston Market Thanksgiving Dinner
The meal for 12 included:
- Whole Roasted Turkey (It is pre-cooked – all you do is throw it in the oven. It was SO good!)
- Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- Home Style Stuffing
- Cranberry Walnut Relish (I don’t even like Cranberry Relish…and this was amazing)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip & Crackers
- Dinner Rolls
- Pumpkin & Apple Pies
We invited another family over, and the missionaries from our church, and the decision was unanimous – this tasted just like Thanksgiving dinner.
It costs $119.99, so about $10 a person…but considering all the food you get, AND the time you save not being in the kitchen all day, it’s a serious bargain.
You can also send this to friends and family, so if you know people who may not have a Thanksgiving dinner on their table, you can send it as a gift.
Here are a few pictures of what we got:
Boston Market Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery
And if that sounds like too much or doesn’t include your favorites (like ham), here are a few other options:
- Combo Boneless Roasted Turkey Breast & Boneless Ham Meal for 12: A combo meal option including a boneless roasted turkey breast and boneless ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, home style stuffing, cranberry walnut relish, spinach artichoke dip and crackers, cinnamon apples, dinner rolls, an apple pie and a pumpkin pie for $119.99.
- Basic Thanksgiving Meal for 12: The Basic Thanksgiving Meal for 12 includes a whole roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, home style stuffing and dinner rolls for $99.99.
- Boneless Roasted Turkey Breast Meal for 4-6: The Boneless Roasted Turkey Breast Meal for 4-6 includes a boneless roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, home style stuffing, cranberry walnut relish, spinach artichoke dip and crackers, dinner rolls, an apple pie and a pumpkin pie for $84.99.
- Boneless Ham Meal for 4-6: The Boneless Ham Meal for 4-6 includes a boneless ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, home style stuffing, cranberry walnut relish, spinach artichoke dip and crackers, dinner rolls, an apple pie and a pumpkin pie for $84.99.
Orders received by November 13th will arrive between November 16-18th and orders received by November 19th will arrive on November 21st.
Not sure if it will arrive when you need it to or want to avoid shipping costs? If you live near Boston Market, you can place orders for the following (by 11/19) and go pick it up at your local store!)
- Holiday Heat & Serve: These chilled complete meals, entrees, sides or pies are fully cooked and can be ordered ahead of time and picked up in any Boston Market restaurant the week of Thanksgiving.
- A La Carte: Whether guests are bringing a side to a celebration or looking for a dish to round out the meal, these chilled, fully cooked main dishes, sides or pies can be ordered ahead of time and picked up in any Boston Market restaurant the week of Thanksgiving.
- Holiday Catering: Get it while it’s hot with buffet-style dinner for groups of 10 or more which can be delivered or picked up in-restaurant for parties big and small.
- Thanksgiving Day Meal: Join Boston Market in-restaurant on Thanksgiving Day for a traditional, delicious plated meal. Family Meals, whole pies and hot dishes can be picked up as last minute additions to accompany any meal as well.
No matter what you decide to do this Thanksgiving, I know that by simply asking for help, you will be able to enjoy the holiday just a little bit more.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.