How to Cook Chicken Wings in the Air FryerEver since I got my Air Fryer a few months ago, I have been dying to make chicken wings. This is the one thing everyone seems to rave about, and after having a couple of recipe fails, I was ready for something to actually work. I knew that I wanted to use a delicious batter for them to get nice and crispy in, but I also knew I wanted to have a great sauce to baste them in. I’ve always loved the flavor of BBQ Sauce and Coke – it’s just such a delicious combination. So I thought I would try that for this recipe. I just made my own little sauce, and I basted it before, during, and after, and I waited with bated breath to see how it turned out. Anyways, back to the recipe. It turned out DELICIOUS. I couldn’t have been happier with the results. They were juicy, crispy, and full over amazing flavor!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2-3 pounds of chicken wings, defrosted or fresh
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Coke, diet or regular
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Rinse of chicken wrings.
- Mix together white flour, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Put milk in one bowl and put it next to the flour mixture.
- Put the chicken wing in the milk, shake off excess milk, and then dredge in the flour.
- Repeat with remaining wings.
- Place into the pan of your Air Fryer.
- Spritz with a little bit of cooking oil (I used my Olive oil spritzer)
- Cook at 360 degrees for 30-35 minutes, shaking every 5-10 minutes.
- Half way through, baste with the BBQ sauce and coke mixture.
- After they are finished, baste again with as much BBQ sauce mixture as you want.
Katie is a Colorado-native, BYU graduated, and most importantly, wife to one and mother to three beautiful boys. She is passionate about sharing her experiences with others – especially about pregnancy, breastfeeding, cooking, and crafts. She is currently training to be a Certified Lactation Educator. She loves spending time with her family and helping others find joy in family life.
You don’t say if you mix the bbq sauce with the Diet Coke. Do you?
Yes I do!
Chelsea Johnson says
SO FANCY! I don’t know if what my husband has is called an air fryer, but it’s a giant fryer that uses propane to fry things so I think so? Anyway, he has done Thanksgiving turkeys in there for the last two years. Maybe he can make some chicken wings!!!