You know what Christmas song I really don’t like — I don’t care to listen to it, and I especially don’t like singing — is?
The 12 Days of Christmas. I know, bah-humbug. But it’s such a long song, and it’s really not that exciting. I mean, half the song is about birds…and I don’t really love birds.
However, I do love doing the 12 Days of Christmas to people, and even being the recipient. A few times growing up, our ward at church would organize a 12 Days of Christmas — anyone that wanted to participate would sign up and get matched with another family and anonymously leave small gifts or treats for 12 days. It was always so fun to try and catch the people, or to go drop off treats and get away before the other family caught us!
It’s also always such a great experience to do the 12 Days of Christmas to a family in need. While we aren’t the position to be able to do that right now, I look forward to doing it in the future. I know of several people who have been the rrecipientsof the 12 Days of Christmas, who may not have had much of a Christmas otherwise,
Day Two Ideas (two turtle doves)
- Dove Chocolate and Caramel Turtle Chocolate
- Items that come in pairs (fuzzy socks would be great!)
- Dove Soap
Day Three Ideas (three french hens)
- French macarons (because, you know, you have to use eggs to make these!)
- Sorting eggs learning toy
- Chicken noodle soup
- Gift certificate to Chick-fil-a or KFC
Day Four Ideas (Four Calling Birds)
Day Five Ideas (Five Golden Rings)
- Five Ring Pops (maybe even paint the wrappers gold!)
- Pineapple in any form
- Unpeeled pineapple with pineapple slicer and corer
- Five golden chocolate coins (they look like rings, right?)
- Bag of frozen onion rings
- Bag of Funyuns
Day Six Ideas (Six Geese a laying)
- Six eggs and ingredients for fancy omelets (maybe an omelet pan with instructions to make the perfect omelet.)
- Breakfast sandwich maker
- Gift card to Fast Food Restaurant for egg mcmuffins, perhaps?)
- Quiche Dish to make quiche in (with recipe)
- Cadbury Cream Eggs
Day Seven Ideas (seven swans a’ swimming):
Day Eight Ideas (eight maids a’ milking)
- Chocolate milk (or plain) and cookies
- Milk chocolate candies or chocolate chips
- Hot chocolate and a mug or hot drink holder.
Day Nine Ideas (nine ladies dancing)
- The Nutcracker book or movie
- Tickets to a ballet
- Just Dance video game
- A CD with great dancing songs (or maybe one of the bazillion versions of Kidz Bop.)
Day Ten Ideas (ten lords a leaping)
Day Eleven Ideas (eleven pipers piping)
Day Twelve Ideas (12 drummers drumming)
- The Little Drummer Boy Book
- Pentatonix CD with Little Drummer Boy
- Little Tikes Tap-a-tune drum
- A bag of dum dum suckers
Alternatively, you could just go with the number of the day, instead of the theme, and give a certain number of items on that day!
Looking for ways to keep Christ in Christmas?