How to Cook Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
Ever since I got my Air Fryer a few months ago, I have been dying to make chicken wings.
This is the one thing everyone seems to rave about, and after having a couple of recipe fails, I was ready for something to actually work.
I knew that I wanted to use a delicious batter for them to get nice and crispy in, but I also knew I wanted to have a great sauce to baste them in.
I’ve always loved the flavor of BBQ Sauce and Coke – it’s just such a delicious combination. So I thought I would try that for this recipe. I just made my own little sauce, and I basted it before, during, and after, and I waited with bated breath to see how it turned out.
Anyways, back to the recipe. It turned out DELICIOUS. I couldn’t have been happier with the results.
They were juicy, crispy, and full over amazing flavor!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2-3 pounds of chicken wings, defrosted or fresh
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Coke, diet or regular
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Rinse of chicken wrings.
- Mix together white flour, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Put milk in one bowl and put it next to the flour mixture.
- Put the chicken wing in the milk, shake off excess milk, and then dredge in the flour.
- Repeat with remaining wings.
- Place into the pan of your Air Fryer.
- Spritz with a little bit of cooking oil (I used my Olive oil spritzer)
- Cook at 360 degrees for 30-35 minutes, shaking every 5-10 minutes.
- Half way through, baste with the BBQ sauce and coke mixture.
- After they are finished, baste again with as much BBQ sauce mixture as you want.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).