You know what the the hardest thing to find is? Poprocks! Yesterday, I went to a bunch of different stores on a search for them, and no one had them. At my last stop (King Soopers) I finally pulled out my phone and searched for where I might be able to find poprocks, and it turned out the the Dollar Tree and Walgreens are about the only places that carry them.
Luckily, Walgreens is right across the street from King Soopers, so I went right over, and sure enough, they had Pop Rocks. And not only that, but they also had Red, White, and Blue M&Ms, which none of the other stores I went to had, either.
follow me on Instagram!
So, moral of the story? Walgreens is the place to go to find random candy.
Another thing I learned last night — poprocks have lactose in them. Isn’t that weird? I guess Jack won’t be able to enjoy them anytime soon (and I was really looking forward to seeing his reaction!)
Anyways, you may be asking yourself, “Why on earth was she so obsessed with finding poprocks?” Well…here’s why:
What’s one of the best parts of the Fourth of July? The crackles, pops, and beautiful colors of the fireworks, of course. So Forrest and I thought it would be so fun to create a delicious popcorn that encompassed all of those elements. And, what would be better to use than something that is like a mini firecracker in your mouth — poprocks?
I’ll admit, I was a little nervous about this, but seriously, it’s such a fun little surprise! Kids (and kids at heart) will love biting into a handful of this delicious popcorn, only to be surprised with the crackle of the poprocks.
It only took a few minutes to make, and it’s full of great flavor! This would be the perfect treat to add to any Fourth of July celebration, and it’s sure to be a hit with just about everyone (well, unless you’re my mom. The Pop Rocks freaked her out a little bit.)
Red, White, and Blue Popcorn
- 1 bag of popcorn
- 1 bag of Red White and Blue M&Ms
- 4 packets Pop Rocks
- 1/2 cup butter or Earth's Balance Butter Spread
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Pop popcorn in microwave, and pour into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, melt butter, marshmallows and brown sugar over medium-high heat, stirring the entire time to keep it from burning. Once melted into a thick sauce, pour over popcorn and stir immediately until popcorn is totally covered.
- Pour M&Ms and Pop Rocks over the top of the popcorn, and stir until everything is combined. Best if it is left to sit for a few hours, but you can eat it right away!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com