Hi, I’m Julie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva. I’m excited to be a recipe contributor. On my blog, I like to share my favorite go-to recipes.
I remember the first time I heard of this recipe over 10 years ago. I was watching the morning show “Good Morning America.” They were doing a competition between the hosts to see who has the best recipe. Charlie Gibson talked about this Doritos Enchilada Casserole that he’d been making for years for his family.
I didn’t think the combination of ingredients was that interesting sounding, but America loved it and he won the competition. So, I had to try it. I was so wrong about this dish. It was fabulous. The combination of the Doritos, enchilada sauce and chili with lots of cheese is great. Crunchy, meaty and a touch of spice. Even kids find this dish delicious and what child wouldn’t love to have chips for dinner?
This Doritos Enchilada Casserole dish is one of those under 30 minute meals. Takes about 5 minutes to put together, you can even do this in the casserole dish, and takes about 25 minutes to cook. Perfect for busy days.
See how simple this is? This is also one of those recipes that would be great to involve children in making. They can crush the chips, pour the food out of the cans, help you stir. A great way to have the chore of making dinner become a family activity.
Doritos Enchilada Casserole
- 1 can chili
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. dried onion
- 1 12 oz bag Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Spray and 8 x 8 casserole dish. Mix the chili, enchiladas sauce, tomato sauce, onion, 6 cups of crushed Doritos and 1 ½ cups shredded cheese. Do this right in the casserole dish or you can mix it in a separate bowl.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- After 20 minutes pull out the casserole top with sour cream, more crushed Doritos and ½ cup cheese. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve with additional sour cream.