This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ZiplocBackToSchool #CollectiveBias
Here are two tasty recipes that are perfect for back-to-school – a yummy and easy honey wheat bread recipe that is perfect for sandwiches, and a homemade butter recipe that you just make with a small container, heavy cream, and a little bit of salt. Both recipes are available under the bolded titles below.
In just a few short weeks, people of all ages will go back to school. Some kids will be having their first day of preschool, others will be heading back to elementary, middle, or high school, and others will be starting college. My brother is in the latter.
I’m so excited for him to start college, especially since he is going to the same college I graduated from. I know he’s going to have such a wonderful experience there, and although we will miss him so much here (I don’t even want to think about it), there’s are ways you grow as a person that require you to leave home.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt, optional
- Marble, optional
- Ziploc® brand container with One Press Seal
- Small size preferred
- Fill small size Ziploc® brand containers with One Press Seal about 2/3 of the way through with heavy whipping cream.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- If desired, add a marble. This isn't totally necessary, but it does help a little bit with the whipping process.
- Shake for about 10 minutes, or until it turns solid. Keep shaking for a few more minutes. If it turns back to liquid, this is totally normal. Just keep shaking for awhile longer until it's solid again. After it's solid a second time, pour out the extra liquid and refrigerate.
The butter is really fun to make, and it’s a great activity for kids to do after school (especially if they are begging you for a slice of the freshly baked homemade bread). We did this a few times in elementary school, and at church. You just need small containers – such as these small Ziploc® brand containers with One Press Seal Containers – and all the ingredients above.
It takes about 10-15 minutes to make this butter, but it tastes great. The way we made it, it went through a couple of different stages. It was completely liquid, and then after about 10 minutes of shaking, it was solid! However, we shook it a little bit more, and it turned liquid again. This is normal! Just keep shaking until it becomes solid again. This took about 5-7 more minutes. There will likely be some liquid in the container after it becomes solid again – this is from the whey. Just pour this out, shake it again to ensure all the whey is gone, and then refrigerate.
We made cinnamon honey butter and garlic herbed butter out of some of the containers. This was really fun to do, and since you made it in a refrigerator-safe container, you don’t have to move it to another container, which makes for less mess!
We purchased all of our Ziploc® brand products at our local King Soopers, which is a Kroger Affiliate! Here are some great deals going on for Ziploc® brand products over the next few weeks:
- 7/20 to 8/16: $3.99 promo on:
- Ziploc® brand Storage bags with Easy Open Tabs Quart Value Pack 48ct
- Ziploc® brand Storage bags with Easy Open Tabs Gallon Value Pack 38ct
- Ziploc® brand Freezer bags with Easy Open Tabs Quart Value Pack 38ct
- Ziploc® brand Freezer bags with Easy Open Tabs Gallon Value Pack 28ct.
- 8/9 to 8/30: $0.50 off regular retail price on:
- Ziploc® brand Sandwich bags with Easy Open Tabs 40ct
- Ziploc® brand Sandwich bags with Easy Open Tabs 90ct
- Ziploc® brand Snack bags with Easy Open Tabs 90ct