These dirt and worm pudding cookies are a fun play on the classic Halloween dessert. Perfect for classroom Halloween parties.
Dirt and Worm Pudding Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp Horizon Organic milk
- 1 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 small package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 bag gummy worms
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed Horizon Organic Chocolate Grahams
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, egg, and milk in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until a dough is created.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Place by the spoonful on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for about two minutes. Before they are completely cooled, press a couple of gummy worms into the tops of the cookies and sprinkle with crushed cookies.
One of my favorite Halloween treats is Dirt and Worms. Have you ever had it before? Well, if you haven’t, let me enlighten you. Basically, it’s a pudding base (typically mixed with whipped cream), topped with crushed chocolate cookies and gummy worms. It’s pretty simple to make, but it’s a crowd pleaser. My mom always made it growing up, and it’s something I’ve continued to enjoy making myself.
When I was in college, I remember they sold individual cups of dirt and worms at the college grocery store during the Halloween season. One time I was feeling particularly homesick, and I bought one of the cups, and it surprisingly made me feel better.
Although dirt and worms is delicious, it can be kind of hard to serve – unless it’s in individual cups! So, I thought I’d come up with a dirt and worms cookie! It took a little bit of experimenting to get it perfect (word of warning – gummy worms are not meant to be put in the oven!)
I loved how these turned out! I took a basic pudding cookie recipe and made a few adjustments to make them even better. I used milk, which made them a little more moist (and it’s also great for dipping them in afterwards). To make them extra chocolatey, I added chocolate chips to the batter, and then after they were baked, I sprinkled crushed Horizon Organic Chocolate cookies on top and pressed gummy worms into the warm cookies. They turned out exactly as I envisioned, and they are a more portable version of Dirt and Worms. I highly recommend them for Halloween parties! Jack sure thought they were fun!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com