Back in July, we were preparing to go on a campout with my parents, my little brother, my older brother, and my nephews.
My mom asked if I could bring some cookies to share. While I could have easily gone and picked up a package of Chips Ahoy from the store, I decided to try and use up some ingredients in our fridge.
I had a package of cream cheese and some blackberries that needed to be used up, and I thought that a cream cheese cookie sounded absolutely delicious!
I combined a few different cookie recipes that I had, and I anxiously put these in the oven.
They turned out great – everyone LOVED them. My little brother told me it might be the best thing he’s ever eaten (though he followed that up with, “Well, I do say that about a lot of things).
I do think they are one of my favorite cookie recipes now, though!
They are pretty fast to throw together, require no chilling time, and they are a fun change from a traditional chocolate chip cookie!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg, and vanilla in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until creamed.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and blackberries with a rubber spatula.
- Put by the spoonful on a greased baking sheet or silpat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on the sheet one minute, and then transfer to a cooling rack for remaining cooling time.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1098 Total Fat: 3g Sodium: 3591mg Carbohydrates: 229g Sugar: 8g Protein: 31g
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com