2 yards fabric (in desired color)
matching, fabric covered button
1/4-1/2 in thick elastic
Hot glue gun
Graduation Cap Instruction
1. Take an empty cereal box and cut out the back panel.
2. Draw a square that is the desired size (slightly larger than the top of the head) and cut it out
3. Cover the top and sides of square with fabric, securing with hot glue
4. Sew button to the middle of the fabric covered square
5. Place square on top of fabric and draw a circle, about two inches wider than the square. Cut out circle.
6. Fold edges of fabric in about 3/4 inch and pin. Sew in place, leaving a space open at the beginning and end that you can thread elastic through.
7. Thread elastic through the casing and then sew hole shut.
8. Sew another piece of elastic on to this piece of fabric, from one edge to another, to help keep hat on baby or toddlers head
8. Glue elastic cap to the bottom of the square.
9. Attach tassel to the top of the cap, around the button
Graduation Gown Instructions
1. Make the following measurements – the widest part of your shoulders, length from shoulder to ankles, and length from shoulder to wrist.
2. Cut out a rectangle that is the width of the shoulders, plus four inches, and the length from the shoulder to the ankle, plus one inch. Then, cut this rectangle into three smaller rectangles, of equal size.
3. Sew rectangles back together
4. Cut two identical rectangles (we’ll call these rectangles A and B) that are 1/4 the width of the shoulders, plus 2 inches and the length of the shoulder to the ankle. Then, cut out one additional rectangle that is half width of the shoulders (this will be rectangle C), and 3/4 the length of shoulder to the ankle. see bottom of these instructions if you are using a zipper.
5. Lay rectangles A, B, and C on the ground and pin them together. Make sure the bottom of each rectangle line up together. Sew together
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- What DIY Projects Can I Make with My Cricut? 50+ Creative Ideas - January 16, 2017
- The Ultimate Guide to Character Dining at Disneyland - January 10, 2017
- Easy Breakfast Enchiladas - January 2, 2017