If you might remember from our “Behind-the-Scenes” post, I’m not exactly the tidiest person in the world. To be honest, Forrest does the majority of the cleaning…not because I don’t know how to clean, but because it just overwhelms me. I have a hard time looking at a mess, and cleaning it up one small part at a time — which is why I’m excited to be participate in the Spring De-Junk Challenge. Heidi from One Creative Mommy is organizing it, and I can’t wait to share my progress over the next few weeks!
For the next 10 days , do one thing every day to make some progress toward de-junking or spring cleaning your home.
- Pick a spot in your home that you need to clean or de-junk. (For some, this may be one drawer. For others, it might be the entire garage. Do what works for you. Baby steps, right?
- Take a before photo, and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #SpringDeJunkChallenge.
- At the end of the day, take another photo and show everyone your progress.
- No Instagram account? No problem. Use Facebook instead.
- The purpose of taking pictures and posting them is to make the challenge more fun and to inspire other people to join us. Everything’s more fun with a friend, right? If taking and posting pictures will keep you from completing the challenge — skip it!
So, are you up for the challenge? Follow your hosts on Instagram (links are in the Rafflecopter for the giveaway) to see how we’re all completing the challenge and to get some ideas!
To add to the fun, this Friday, all 10 participating bloggers will share a special post about getting their home in shape for spring. Don’t forget to check back on Friday to get some inspiration for your own home.
What challenge would be complete without a prize? For most of us, the prize will be a clean and organized home. But, for one lucky de-junker, the prize will be a little bigger! How about a little something to improve your home? Maybe $110 to spend at Lowes?!!! Sounds good, right? So enter away!
Heidi from One Creative Mommy
Kathleen from Fearlessly Creative Mammas
Carrie from Frugal Foodie Mama
Brenna from Life After Laundry
Linda from Food Storage Moms
Kendra from The Things I Love Most
Kelly from Utah Dixie Deals
Jeannie from For What It’s Worth
Brittney from The Princess and Her Cowboys
Katie from Clarks Condensed
Marilyn from 4 You with Love
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com