Hi everyone! I’m Michele with Flavor Mosaic. I’m excited to share with you my Chocolate Chip Caramel Crumb Bars (or AKA butter bars or shortbread bars) on Clarks Condensed while Katie is enjoying some time away with her family.
On Flavor Mosaic I like to cook family friendly, budget friendly meals mostly from scratch. It is probably a 50/50 split between healthy and unhealthy. That’s my version of a balanced diet. 🙂 If you like Asian, Italian, Mexican, TexMex, Southwestern, Southern, Cajun cuisines, and occasional sweet treats, like these Chocolate Chip Caramel Crumb Bars, then you will like Flavor Mosaic.
Anyway, let’s move on to cookies, and butter, and chocolate, and caramel. I’m talking about Chocolate Chip Caramel Crumb Bars…..mmmm. Just the name can make your mouth water. Chocolate Chip Caramel Crumb Bars are buttery, chocolate-y, caramel-y, crumbly cookie bars made with chocolate chips and caramel bits with a buttery crumb crust that melts in your mouth.
About a month or two ago I made some fantastic Blueberry Crumb Bars and wanted some again. But sadly, I had no blueberries in the house. Yet I had chocolate chips, and caramel bits. So I found these Salted Caramel Butter Bars on Cookies and Cups blog. However, since I had only caramel bits and not salted caramel, I modified the recipe and added chocolate chips. The result……a very happy hubby….and who am I kidding….a very happy me!
Another great thing about these Chocolate Chip Caramel Crumb Bars is that they are so easy to make. You only need 7 ingredients. You make the crumb crust. Pat about 1/3 of the crumb mixture into the bottom of a baking dish and prebake for about 20 minutes. Then you top with caramel bits and chocolate chips. Then you top with the remaining crumb mixture. Then I throw on a few chocolate chips on top just for good measure. That is it. It is so easy!
For what occasion are you going to bake these Chocolate Chip Caramel Crumb Bars?
Don't miss out!
Don’t miss our BEST posts, deals, and more!
You're almost there! Just enter your email below and you'll receive exclusive content, straight to your email.
- 1 cup 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1-1/2 cups caramel bits
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and powdered sugar. Using a mixer on medium speed, mix until creamy. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. Sift the flour into the butter mixture and beat on low speed until you have a smooth soft dough.
- Spray a 9x9 inch baking pan lightly with non-stick cooking or baking spray. Press one-third of the dough evenly into the pan to form a bottom crust. Wrap remaining dough in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator.
- Bake crust until firm and the edges are a pale golden brown approx 20 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle caramel bits evenly over the crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over that.
- Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and crumble it evenly over the caramel bits and chocolate chips. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips evenly over the top of the crust.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until the caramels is melted and the crumbled shortbread topping is firm and lightly golden, about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
Thank you Katie for allowing me the privilege to guest post on your blog. If you are interested in more Flavor Mosaic recipes, sign up here to receive the recipes in your inbox. It is easy, convenient, and free! Have a wonderful day!
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).