I’ve mentioned this in previous articles, but it’s worth repeating the Universal Studios Hollywood is not just for teens and adults.
There is a lot for all ages to experience! With the help of my friends at Get Away Today, I have a list of ride height requirements at Universal Studios Hollywood and a few other helpful tips for those of you considering a trip with a younger child.
Ride Height Requirements at Universal Studios Hollywood
To help you enjoy your visit to Universal Studios Hollywood, here’s a look at what the requirements are for the rides.
It’s great to be prepared beforehand, knowing who can ride what at the park. Believe me, it’s not fun for a child to think they can ride everything only to find out upon arrival that there are just a few rides they can enjoy. Preparation is everything!
If you do have riders too short for some attractions, I have a solution for that.
Rides and Attractions without Height Requirements at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Character Meet and Greets
- Dino Play for Kids
- Dreamworks Featuring Kung Fu Panda
- Silly Swirly Fun Ride (must be accompanied by a rider 48 inches or taller)
- Special Effects Show
- Universal Animal Actors
- The Walking Dead (although may be best suited for ages 13+)
- Water World
- World Famous Studio Tour
Ride Height Requirements at Universal Studios Hollywood – 39 inches and taller
- Flight of the Hippogriff
Ride Height Requirements at Universal Studios Hollywood – 40 inches and taller
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
- Fast and Furious – Supercharged
- The Simpsons Ride
- Transformers: The Ride-3D
Ride Height Requirements at Universal Studios Hollywood – 42 inches and taller
- Jurassic World – The Ride
Ride Height Requirements at Universal Studios Hollywood – 48 inches and taller
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- Revenge of the Mummy – The Ride
Child Switch at Universal Studios Hollywood
As you can see, there are a lot of fun experiences for small children at Universal Studios Hollywood. However, if your children don’t meet the height requirement for some of the attractions and rides listed above, not everyone has to skip the ride. At Universal Studios Hollywood, they offer a service called Child Switch.
If any child in your party cannot ride an attraction, one or two adults can wait with the child in the attraction’s Child Switch room.
When the rest of your party returns, you can switch with those who were waiting with the child, without having to wait in line again!
Universal Studios has tried to make the park as family-friendly as they can.
Here are a few things they have that make it a little easier to go to with little ones:
- Diaper changing stations in all park bathrooms
- The First-Aid station has places where you can breastfeed in a more comfortable place. There is one located on the Upper Lot next to Animal Actors and the second is located between Jurrasic Cafe and the Character Shop.
- Stroller rentals are available but you are welcome to bring your own!
- You can bring in soft-sided insulated bags that are smaller than 8.5x6x6 for snacks and smaller meals. Baby food, formula, and breast milk are 100% allowed!
Universal Studios Kids Ticket
Anyone who is 10 and older will have to pay for an adult ticket.
The children’s ticket is about $10 less. However, if you buy the premium ticket, the cost is typically the same
Book Now and Save
When you book theme park tickets and hotel accommodations with Get Away Today, you enjoy the biggest savings. With the convenience of theme park shuttles or hotels located within walking distance of Universal Studios Hollywood, you’ll have more time to spend enjoying the adventures at the park!
Plus, Get Away Today is always available to help with every step of your vacation planning and their services are complimentary. See all Universal Studios Hollywood vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com or talk with a travel specialist at 855-GET-AWAY.
Let them know Clarks Condensed sent you and use promo code ClarksCondensed for an additional $10 in savings on any Southern California vacation package.