Walgreens is a one-stop-shop for all your healthcare needs, and is incredible convenient for managing prescriptions with their pharmacy chat, prescription reminders, and much, much more!
I make no attempt to hide on this blog the health problems that I have, or the struggles we’ve had trying to figure them out, along with Jack’s. Maybe I shouldn’t be so candid sometimes, but it is what it is. When you are in pain about 85% of the time, it’s just one of those things that comes up when I write. I don’t write that to make you feel bad for me (really, don’t) but just to be honest. Most of the time, I feel pretty miserable.
Some days, I just want to give up on the, what seems like, never-ending journey to figure out what’s going on…because really, it’s frustrating! Tons of doctor’s appointments, countless medicines, and even some rather un-fun medical procedures, with no real resolve? It starts to wear on a person! I mean, this is what my bathroom counter looks like right now (this doesn’t even include Jack’s medicines):
However, you want to know what makes it all worth it?
These two. I want to be healthier, and have more energy, so I can be a better mom and wife. I want to be able to keep up with Jack…which can be hard at times, because he is always on the go!
Don't miss out!
Don’t miss our BEST posts, deals, and more!
You're almost there! Just enter your email below and you'll receive exclusive content, straight to your email.
And when it comes to Jack, I want to figure out everything with him, so he can live a happy, healthy life, and not feel limited because he feels sick.
So, onward I go! Which often means trying out random medicines to figure out which one will make me feel better. It seems like we are filling a new prescription every other week (and not just for the chronic problems — Jack is always getting some kind of cough, or pink eye, or ear infection, that requires a prescription), and through that, I’ve definitely found my preference for pharmacies. The one at the top of my list is definitely Walgreens.
Why? Well, a huge reason is because there are Walgreens everywhere. If I need to refill or fill a prescription and we’re out of town, any Walgreens can pull up our information, which just makes life easier. Walgreens is open all hours, which is nice for those middle-of-the-night visits to the doctor!
But I’m guessing most of you know those perks of filling prescriptions at Walgreens. But there are some even better reasons why getting your prescriptions filled at Walgreens is even more convenient, that you may not know about (or really thought about!)
- Auto Refill: If you have a monthly prescription that you need to fill, you just set it up, and you don’t have to have any interruption in your prescription schedule. You can even have it shipped to your house FREE, or pick it up instore, right when you need it. You can also sign up for Refill Reminders, just in case you are forgetful, like me!
- Family Prescription Management: As I’ve already mentioned, we have a lot of prescriptions around here, between Jack and me. I love that Walgreens makes it easy to manage your whole family’s medications and health records.
- Pharmacy Chat: This is probably my favorite feature that Walgreens offers. I mean, doctors can get busy sometimes, and totally forget to make sure that you actually can take a prescription before they prescribe it. For me, it was always a question of whether or not something could be taken while breastfeeding. When I can, I will call the doctor’s office, but there has been more than one occasion that I’ve had a question and the office wasn’t open. Being able to jump online and chat with a pharmacist is so convenient and easy. It’s a priceless service in my opinion
- Prescription History: I know I should probably just carry around a list of all the prescriptions Jack or I have had in the last year…but I just forget to do that. By filling all your prescriptions at Walgreens, you can pull up your history pretty quickly. There have been numerous occasions where I’ve been asked about medications we’ve taken in the past week, month, or even year, and I sit there sounding like a bumbling idiot as I say, “Umm…it was an acid reflux medicine that started with a P…” I’m sure it would make life much easier for everyone if I just pulled up my Walgreens account! The same goes for immunizations.
- And, last but not least…there’s definitely an app for it all. You can set up pill reminders, refill prescriptions, and even access the pharmacy chat line straight from your phone!
Another thing I like about Walgreens is that they have a drive through. You can easily drop off, or pick up, your prescription that way. And even if the drive through isn’t your thing and you just want to wait inside…you can get some other shopping done. They obviously aren’t a full service grocery store, but they have a good amount of products available for purchase. Sometimes, I’ll just wait at the pharmacy, and Forrest and Jack will go to the toy aisle. It’s a win-win all around!
Do you use Walgreens to fill your prescriptions? Why or why not?
#WalgreensRX #Cbias #Shop
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).