The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
So, even though Thanksgiving is next week, and Christmas is a few weeks after that, it shouldn’t be an excuse to let all your healthy living and weight loss goals fly out the window. Easier said than done, right?! The average person gains about a pound during the holiday season, and never loses it. That doesn’t seem like a ton…until after 50 years of holiday celebrating!
I know I’m not the healthiest person around. I try, I really do, but heaven knows I could exercise more and eat less chocolate chips (especially around Christmas time!) However, I recently was able to try out the Shine by Misfit, a new, wearable device that tracks your activity, measures distance and steps, and even helps track how well you sleep . It’s an easy, non-intrusive way to keep on track with your exercise goals, especially during this busy time of year! So if you are wanting to get healthier, and perhaps shed some holiday weight…read on! You might want to ask Santa to leave one of these under the tree for you this year 🙂
First off, I loved this because of how sleek it looks. I mean, it doesn’t really even look like an activity tracker, more like a fancy watch:
- It doesn’t look like an activity tracker; I don’t feel like I’d attract a lot of attention wearing it, and I wouldn’t feel self-conscious wearing it in public
- It has a variety of accessories (I really want to get the necklace!)
- It’s easy to use and seems accurate
- You can wear it in a variety of ways and for different purposes
Things I didn’t Like
- Only available for iOS devices. I used my iPad to sync it up, but I would love to see it available for Android devices.
- Not all activities are included in it
- I kind of wish you could see information throughout the day on it more easily
- I wish it tracked how many calories you took in — however, I don’t know if that’s even possible!
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).