Last week, I shared with you several different delicious recipes that would be perfect for upcoming holidays.
All of these recipes combine homemade with some store bought products — pumpkin puree, some chicken broth and cranberry sauce. Most of the time, I would just pick up the canned version of these products without blinking an eye. However, this year, I was introduced to something new — Tetra Pak cartons.
You might be asking…what the heck is Tetra Pak cartons?! Well, they are eco-friendly cartons filled with heart healthy products that are typically sold in the can. However, these are sold in a carton! They are recloseable, so you don’t have to worry about wasting excess prodcuts (I never use a full can of pumpkin!).
In these recipes I used
I really could tell a huge difference in quality, and I felt like the recipes turned out better than before. I liked that they were in cartons, and that they were resealable. It was kind of fun to Be Carton Smart.
Just a few other interesting facts about being these products:
- Tetra Pak cartons are made of 70% paper
- Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans
- Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open.
- Recyclable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans
- Cartons are recloseable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later