Now that it’s summer-time, I expect to eat plenty of my favorite side dish — potato salad! And I hope that lots of those potato salad are homemade. There’s just something so much better about a homemade potato salad versus a store bought one.
Last week when we went to Tiny Town, I volunteered to make the potato salad. I wasn’t really sure how I was going to make it, but I knew that I wanted two of my favorite ingredients in it — bacon and parmesan cheese. I also knew I wanted to make it lactose free (which, of course, you don’t have to!) so I could enjoy it without feeling bad.
Everyone else really enjoyed it as well, and it was almost completely gone by the time we went home. This recipe makes a ton — it could easily feed 15 people. So adjust accordingly!
Do you have a favorite potato salad recipe?
Ultimate Bacon and Parmesan Potato Salad
- 5 medium red potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 bottle Kraft Italian salad dressing or any brand
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 6 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1/2 bag of Kraft Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Turn oven to 350 degrees. Quarter the red potatoes and place on cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and cajun seasoning. Bake for about 30 minutes. When done, mash in a bowl to desired consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix hard boiled eggs, onions, cheese, and bacon. Add to potato mixture.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, and seasonings. Mix until everything is combined.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com