Looking for a paleo breakfast casserole that is easy to make? This sweet potato breakfast casserole is absolutely delicious and SO easy to throw together!
Paleo Breakfast Casserole
This delicious and somewhat nutritious paleo breakfast casserole is great for upcoming holidays. It’s filled with chunks of sweet potato, sausage, and more. This is low FODMAP diet friendly, as well as gluten free!
I love breakfast casseroles! They are usually so easy to put together, and everyone seems to enjoy them. A few weeks ago during General Conference, I decided I would make a breakfast casserole to start the morning off. While I usually default to my favorite easy sausage breakfast casserole, since we’ve had to put Jack on a low FODMAP diet, I thought I would make something he could enjoy, too. I’m supposed to be eating little dairy and gluten as well, so I figured I could indulge in it guilt-free, as well!
As it turned out, this turned into a Paleo breakfast casserole. While I don’t have any desires to live a complete Paleo lifestyle, I think it’s nice to incorporate those types of meals every now and again. This casserole was SO yummy, even if it was missing some of my favorite breakfast casserole ingredients (namely, cheese.)
I never used to eat sweet potatoes until I met Forrest, but they’ve become one of my favorite foods to cook with. They are a lot more nutritious than regular potatoes, and really, I think they are a lot more flavorful. I had used sweet potatoes in these healthy breakfast burritos in the past, so I thought it would be fun to use them in this casserole!
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 pound Italian sausage or breakfast sausage
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and crumble sausage. Drain excess grease and set aside.
- Cube sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces and cook in some cooking oil in a skillet until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Combine together sausage, sweet potatoes, and peppers, and pour evenly into a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper (a few shakes of each), garlic powder, and onion powder. Pour evenly over sausage mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).