We served it with a typical fare — rolls and mashed potatoes — and combined with the carrots, it was a pretty yummy and balanced meal.
- serves 4-6
- 3-4 pound roast
- 1 container Private Selection Peppery Sweet Corn Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Dr. Pepper
- 10-15 mini carrots
- Italian Seasoning, to taste
- Red Pepper flakes, to taste
- Thaw roast either overnight in the fridge, or in a bowl of warm water.
- Place roast in slow cooker. Pour entire container of salsa, 1 1/2 cups of Dr. Pepper, and sprinkle Italian seasoning on top of roast. Arrange carrots around roast.
- On high, cook for 4-6 hours, and on low, 6-8. Check after 4 (or 6, if cooking on low) to see if it's done, and then every 30 minutes, to prevent the roast from being overcooked