A festive, healthy, and delicious breakfast parfait perfect for the Fourth of July — it has blueberries, apples, Greek Yogurt, and granola.
The 4th of July is not known for being a time to eat healthy food. Most celebrations don’t really include healthy foods, and I never shy away from the most tasty foods at parties or celebrations, such as hamburgers and ice cream on the 4th of July. However, that doesn’t mean the whole day has to be a complete loss when it comes to healthy eating. Start your 4th of July out right with a delicious and healthy red, white, and blue breakfast parfait, and then indulge yourself with a little less guilt later on during all of the festivities!
I used Greek yogurt flavored with honey. Greek yogurt has a decent amount of protein, and I used some of Bob’s Red Mill Apple Blueberry Granola. The protein and the fiber from the granola helps people like me not end up eating a second breakfast an hour later. I think if I just had half of a grapefruit I would be hungry 30 minutes later! This Red, White, and Blue breakfast parfait is a much more satisfying meal than a bowl of cereal, and it would be an easy and festive meal to make for a large group of people. There is no cooking involved and you just have to slice up the apples. No one wants to slave over a hot stove top in the morning when they know they are going to be out in the heat later on in the day. Plus, blueberries should be in season this time of year, so they should be extra healthy and delicious.
Red, White, and Blue Breakfast Parfait
- 1/3 cup sliced apples
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Apple Blueberry Granola
- Slice up 1/3 cup of apples and place in the bottom of your dish (if it isn't clear then it doesn't matter where you put it)
- Add 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt
- Add 1/3 cup of blueberries
- Top it all off with some of Bob's Red Mill Apple Blueberry Granola
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com