Last Sunday, I gave Forrest a couple different options for dessert, and he chose brownies. Since I had two half-used cans of pumpkin in the fridge, and a bag of Pumpkin Spice M&MS, I thought I’d make pumpkin brownies — ’tis the season, right?
Most of the recipes I found had cream cheese in them, and we didn’t have any of that. So I was excited when I stumbled on to this tasty sounding pumpkin brownie recipe. I adapted it a little bit, cutting down the sugar and butter a tad bit, and using Pumpkin Spice M&M (exclusively found at Target stores) instead of chocolate chips.
Light and fluffy brownies. To be honest, they aren’t gooey and uber-chocolately, like traditional brownies, but they still had the delicate chocolate flavor that I love. The M&Ms added even more chocolate, and the pumpkin really played well with all of it. They were super addicting too…which may or may not have been a good thing. If you can’t find the M&Ms, you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead…but I think it’s worth the search!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice M&MS (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add flour mixture and stir batter until it's moistened throughout.
- Divide batter into two separate bowls. In one bowl, mix in cocoa powder and pumpkin spice M&MS. In the other bowl stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a greased 8x8 pan, spread the chocolate batter, and then put the pumpkin batter on top of that. Using a knife, drag it throughout the dough, marbeling and mixing the two batters together. Smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Let cool in pan and cut into squares.
inspired by http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-brownies/
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2515 Total Fat: 122g Saturated Fat: 75g Cholesterol: 244mg Sodium: 2347mg Carbohydrates: 350g Sugar: 260g Protein: 28g
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin spice M&MS
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com