Last Sunday, I gave Forrest a couple different options for dessert, and he chose brownies. Since I had two half-used cans of pumpkin in the fridge, and a bag of Pumpkin Spice M&MS, I thought I’d make pumpkin brownies — ’tis the season, right?
Most of the recipes I found had cream cheese in them, and we didn’t have any of that. So I was excited when I stumbled on to this tasty sounding pumpkin brownie recipe. I adapted it a little bit, cutting down the sugar and butter a tad bit, and using Pumpkin Spice M&M (exclusively found at Target stores) instead of chocolate chips.
Light and fluffy brownies. To be honest, they aren’t gooey and uber-chocolately, like traditional brownies, but they still had the delicate chocolate flavor that I love. The M&Ms added even more chocolate, and the pumpkin really played well with all of it. They were super addicting too…which may or may not have been a good thing. If you can’t find the M&Ms, you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead…but I think it’s worth the search!
Marbled Pumpkin Spice Brownies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice M&MS or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix together melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add flour mixture and stir batter until it's moistened throughout.
- Divide batter into two separate bowls. In one bowl, mix in cocoa powder and pumpkin spice M&MS. In the other bowl stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a greased 8x8 pan, spread the chocolate batter, and then put the pumpkin batter on top of that. Using a knife, drag it throughout the dough, marbeling and mixing the two batters together. Smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Let cool in pan and cut into squares.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com