Copycat Tucanos Warm Mango Butter Cake
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon Mango Oil Extract"*
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [url href="http://shop.lorannoils.com/baked-goods/bakery-emulsions/buttery-sweet-dough-flavor-bakery-emulsion
- "] Buttery Sweet Dough Emulsion"*
- Extra white sugar-emulsion
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend soft butter with sugar
- Add whole eggs, egg yolks, mango extract, & butter extract, and mix.
- In other bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet.
- Grease ramekins with butter (very well!)
- Sprinkle a little bit of sugar into the bottom of each dish.
- Spoon the dough evenly into each This is a link to "ramekin", filling them each about 1" from the top.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- If the dough cooked over the top, gently cut off the excess.
- Allow to cool for about an hour before turning out from ramekins.
The reveal of this special four part recipe is finally here! I’m SO excited to share this final recipe with all of you, simply because I was pretty proud of myself that it all come together so nicely.
As I mentioned yesterday, I created this post as part of a recipe contest for LorAnn Oils. I was sent a couple of different flavors to use in recipes, and it was so fun experimenting with them. Yesterday, I used the mango oil in my mango custard recipe. Today, I will once again be using that oil, but I will also be using the buttery sweet dough emulsion. One thing you must know about these oils and emulsions is that they are VERY potent. You don’t need to use a lot for the flavor to come through.
This recipe is based off my favorite dessert ever from Tucanos, a Brazillian Churrasco. We don’t always get dessert when we go there, but when we do, this is what I get. It’s basically a warm butter cake, topped with mango custard, mango glaze, and a strawberry glaze. For this copycat version, I decided to make the warm butter cake into a warm mango butter cake, and I skipped out on the mango glaze.
I was a little nervous about how it would turn out, but really, I couldn’t have been happier with the final product! It tasted superb. All the flavors went together perfectly. The mango butter cake was the component I was most worried about turning out, but it baked beautifully and had the flavor I was really going for. I wasn’t sure how the oils would work in it, but they actually worked really well. I used the buttery dough emulsion to bring out an even more buttery flavor, and just 1/4 teaspoon of the mango oil to ensure that it had some yummy mango flavoring throughout it. If you don’t have these flavorings, you can still make the cake, and it will taste delicious, but I really think the oil and emulsion knock it out of the park!
I’m really obsessed with this recipe. I wish it would have photographed better, because it is dang good. The “hardest” part is the butter cake, but really, it’s not even really hard. It just takes more time than the other components (beyond the mango sorbet.)
So, are you ready for assembly? Here are all the recipes you’ll need.
The mango butter cake at the beginning of this post
Easy Mango Sorbet
This recipe should make enough for about five cakes (with some of the toppings left over!)
If your cake has warmed down, warm it up right before serving. Trust me on this one.
Then, spoon the custard on top of each cake:
Place a scoop of mango sorbet on top of the cake and custard:
Finish it off with a little bit of the strawberry glaze:
Be sure to check out all these other great posts that are featuring Lorann Oils today!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com