Wooden Honey Dipper available for $14
I let those flavors combine for about five minutes in my cast iron skillet, using my new walnut spatula. It was perfect for breaking up the chicken into smaller pieces, and it’s curved design let me easily scoop the chicken into the pot I was going to use to make the soup!
Walnut Spatula available for $26
Then I added the chicken, coconut milk, green chili enchilada sauce, some more honey and lime, and a few other things, and let it come to a boil on the stove. After letting it boil for a minute or two, I lowered the heat and let it simmer until we were ready to eat. And, of course, I couldn’t resist testing it out with my new wooden spoon.
Hand carved wooden serving spoon available for $38
I was excited to serve this to Forrest and Jack, because I thought it was pretty tasty. Simple, but tasty.
Large Soup Ladle available for $85
It was definitely a hit. We served it with Artisan tortillas (which Jack loved), and it definitely warmed us up on the oddly cold day we were having!
Now, for a little bit more about Polder’s Old World Market. This is a family owned company that creates beautiful wooden kitchenware. I was in awe when our package arrived, because they truly were some of the most beautifully crafted items I’ve ever seen. These are items that I plan to have in our kitchen for a very long time, and hopefully pass down to our children and grandchildren someday. I reviewed only a few of their amazing products here, but you can read more about some of their other products on these blogger’s reviews:
And now, for the giveaway! Four lucky readers will have a chance to win one of their very own beautiful wooden utensils from Polder’s Old World Market. Be sure to enter below!
- 8 ounces grilled chicken strips
- 1/2 cup honey, divided (1/4 cup each)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 16 ounce jar green chili enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- In a skillet, place chicken strips, honey, lime juice, olive oil, and garlic. Combine together and cook until chicken is heated through, breaking the chicken into smaller chunks.
- Place all the ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Let boil for a few minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Bring down to a simmer until ready to serve.