A dairy free, honey lime chicken enchilada soup. Perfect for cold nights, or anytime your soul needs a little warming!
Even though it’s summertime, I can’t help but make soup still every now and then. Luckily, the other day was an unseasonably cold day here in Utah (it was snowing in some places,) so soup was definitely justified more than usual.
There are a lot of soup recipes I love, but I decided to try something a little different. I had recently put a fun twist on my easy chicken enchilada recipe, by adding honey and lime, so I thought it would be fun to make a chicken enchilada soup with that same twist. It was also the perfect opportunity to try out my new, beautiful wooden utensils that I was sent to review from Polder’s Old World Market!
This soup can be made in just about 20 minutes and is really easy to make. It doesn’t look like much, but the flavor is incredible! I made it dairy free using coconut milk (but feel free to use half and half if you don’t have to be dairy free).
I cooked up some grilled chicken strips from Costco with a little bit of olive oil, garlic, lime, and honey. Grilled chicken strips from Costco are one of my favorite time saving cooking tips — they are precooked, and all you need to do is season and heat. So yummy! I used my new wooden honey dipper to drizzle over the chicken, and it worked really well!
Wooden Honey Dipper available for $14
I let those flavors combine for about five minutes in my cast iron skillet, using my new walnut spatula. It was perfect for breaking up the chicken into smaller pieces, and it’s curved design let me easily scoop the chicken into the pot I was going to use to make the soup!
Walnut Spatula available for $26
Then I added the chicken, coconut milk, green chili enchilada sauce, some more honey and lime, and a few other things, and let it come to a boil on the stove. After letting it boil for a minute or two, I lowered the heat and let it simmer until we were ready to eat. And, of course, I couldn’t resist testing it out with my new wooden spoon.
Hand carved wooden serving spoon available for $38
I was excited to serve this to Forrest and Jack, because I thought it was pretty tasty. Simple, but tasty.
Large Soup Ladle available for $85
It was definitely a hit. We served it with Artisan tortillas (which Jack loved), and it definitely warmed us up on the oddly cold day we were having!
Now, for a little bit more about Polder’s Old World Market. This is a family owned company that creates beautiful wooden kitchenware. I was in awe when our package arrived, because they truly were some of the most beautifully crafted items I’ve ever seen. These are items that I plan to have in our kitchen for a very long time, and hopefully pass down to our children and grandchildren someday. I reviewed only a few of their amazing products here, but you can read more about some of their other products on these blogger’s reviews:
And now, for the giveaway! Four lucky readers will have a chance to win one of their very own beautiful wooden utensils from Polder’s Old World Market. Be sure to enter below!
Honey Lime Chicken Enchilada Soup (Dairy Free) & Giveaway
- 8 ounces grilled chicken strips
- 1/2 cup honey divided (1/4 cup each)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 16 ounce jar green chili enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- In a skillet, place chicken strips, honey, lime juice, olive oil, and garlic. Combine together and cook until chicken is heated through, breaking the chicken into smaller chunks.
- Place all the ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Let boil for a few minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Bring down to a simmer until ready to serve.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com