Have you tried my homemade hamburger bun recipe yet? I’ve gotten some great response from it, and having just made them again, I can say this — they really are as delicious as they sound (sorry if that sounds conceited. I just really like them!) So when Debbie from Kneaded Creations asked if I could transform this recipe and make a healthier version of pigs in a blanket, I couldn’t say no!
As you can see, these are a little bit bigger than your typical pigs in a blanket, but I thought they were the perfect size. I mean, if you are making them for a main dish, who would want to have just one, tiny one? These are so tasty and quite a bit healthier. I used Jennie O Turkey hot dogs, and the bread is completely homemade as well.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com