Are you ready for some football?
Okay, who am I kidding — I don’t really watch football. Ever. And when I do, it’s because there’s usually some kind of delicious food involve. That’s just how I roll. However, Jack may prove to be a different story:
He loves to throw the football around.
Anyways, whenever a team from my hometown makes it to the big game, well, I can’t help but get a little bit excited. Home town spirit, ya know (can you guess what team I’m cheering for?) But, if I’m being completely honest, it’s mainly because I have an excuse to make some delicious appetizers! Because no football party is complete without appetizers, right…right?
We recently bought some awesome appetizers from the TGI Fridays line, available at Walmart. T.G.I.Fridays is one of my favorite restaurants (despite the fact that we rarely are ever close enough to one).
I thought that these would be a perfect, stress free meal idea for a game day party. The loaded baked potatoes and the honey BBQ wings conveniently cook at the same temperature, which definitely makes preparation quicker — and isn’t that kind of what you want on game day?!
I also wanted to create a fun dip, and present all the food in a fun way. So, I decided to make a dip field, with the appetizers in little “stands” around it, and with straw field goals. I thought it turned out totally cute!
Now, I knew I had to make the dip dairy free, because there was no way I would be able to stop Jack from eating it (nor did I want to have to.) This avocado ranch dip is dairy free, light, zingy, and really, really yummy. It was perfect for dipping the chicken wings and the potato skins in, as well as chips. It’s pretty versatile — you could even use it on a salad the next day (or during the game, if you aren’t into the whole greasy food thing.)
Jack wasn’t so sure about the food at first.
Can you guess what he thought after his first bite (look at that face!)
I loved how easy it was to prepare these appetizers from T.G.I.Fridays line, and that they were a food all of us could enjoy. I thought the BBQ chicken wings were especially neat, because it gave you instructions on how to make the flavor more bold or tame. Personally, we used all the sauce, and thought they tasted incredible (especially dipped in the avocado sauce!)
If you are curious about the TGI Fridays line (and are thinking you want to use it for your upcoming game day party), there will be in-store demos going on at Walmarts all around the country, so be on the look out for those.
Thank you to #TGIFGameDay and #CollectiveBias for sponsoring this post!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped Cilantro (or of Gourmet Garden's Cilantro)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped dill (or of Gourmet Garden's Dill)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Place peeled and cored avocado into a food processor. Pulse until it's mashed well.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is smooth and combined.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 278 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 3g Sodium: 116mg Carbohydrates: 16g Sugar: 1g Protein: 3g
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com