As you may have noticed, there was some amazing food at the Dr. Seuss Baby Shower my sister and I had for Charbel last week. I want to share all of it with you, but there’s just too much to share in one post. So, today, I’ll focus on some of the more sweet aspects of the shower.
We wanted all the food to go along with Dr. Seuss books, which was pretty easy to do, since there are so many! Of course, we had to use Green Eggs and Ham — what Dr. Seuss party would be complete without paying tribute to that classic book?
We decided that real green eggs weren’t very appetizing, so decided to make some dessert “eggs.” We saw a few different variants of what we wanted to do on Pinterest, such as this one from the Girl That Ate Everything, or this one from A Breath of Fresh Erin, and then kind of improvised. Here’s what we came up with:
We used ham in another way, but I imagine you could easily use red food dye to make the white chocolate more pinkish, to resemble ham!
Easy Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn
- 3 Bags Microwave Popped Popcorn
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 16 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Pop popcorn, and separate kernels from popped corn. Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt butter, marshmallows, and brown sugar in the microwave until melted. Make sure all the ingredients are mixed together well, and pour over popcorn. Toss to coat all the popcorn.
- Let sit for about 20 minutes. Even better the next day!
My recipe was inspired by The Idea Room. I wanted to have some kind of red and white looking popcorn, and her recipe for Red, White and Blue Candied popcorn was perfect. You can add just about any kind of food coloring you want! I decided to throw in the white M&Ms that were left over from the bag of coconut M&Ms we used for the Green Egg pretzels, to add a delicious chocolate flavor to it!
I thought it turned out rather well, and it was pretty addicting!
Come back tomorrow for decorations and invitation ideas to throw the best Dr. Seuss party ever!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com