While I always enjoy getting pasta, dessert pizzas, and salad, the real reason you go there is for their unique pizzas. They always have a random new flavor each month, but they also have about eight to 10 other pizzas that are their “regulars.” My personal favorite is the potato pizza.
I know, it sounds weird. Potatoes on pizza? Not really normal. But let me tell you, it is delicious. And it’s totally worth eating all the creamy ingredients that are on it (even though those usually don’t make me feel so well afterwards!) It’s a pretty simple pizza — a creamy ranch sauce, bacon, chives, potatoes, and a combination of mozzarella and cheddar. Even if it’s simple, it has a ton of flavor, and I honestly crave it from time to time.
When we were asked to review a Deep Dish Sizzler from Gourmet Grillware, I knew exactly what I was going to make — a deep dish pizza. I’m not someone who really likes thin crust pizza at all — the thicker the crust, the better. Deep dish? My favorite! So when it arrived, I could hardly wait to make a pizza. What I love about this dish is that it can go from the oven, to the table top, to the refrigerator to store leftovers. It’s so versatile (though it’s not dish washer safe — sorry!) If you like deep dish pizza, it’s definitely a good choice!
And as you might have guessed, we decided to make a copycat bacon and potato pizza. It was really simple, and we thought it tasted great. All the flavors went nicely together, and it tasted a lot like my favorite bacon and potato pizza from Pizza Pie Cafe!
Instead of making our own deep dish pizza dough, we once again purchase some pizza dough from Papa Murphys. It saved us some time, and we knew the dough would taste good! However, we did treat the deep dish sizzler so the dough would have more of a deep dish taste. I just combined together a little butter and oil (never said this was going to be healthy!) and brushed it lightly around the entire pan.
I then pressed the edges of the crust up against the side of the pan, to help make it even more deep dish like.
Forrest used our mandolin to thinly slice the potatoes. If you don’t have one of these, get one! But, be warned, they are very sharp and you don’t want to accidentally cut yourself!
So if you are like us and love pizza, you’ll definitely want to try this one!
Deep Dish Bacon and Potato Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 small potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup high quality ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup alfredo suace
- 4 slices of bacon crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Prepare pizza dough (use your favorite recipe!)
- Melt together olive oil and butter. Lightly brush on the bottom of your deep dish pizza pan, or on a regular pizza pan.
- If making deep dish pizza, press the dough into the pan, and push the edges of the pizza up the sides.
- Thinly slice potatoes until you have about 20 slices.
- Place potatoes in bowl, spray with cooking spray, and season with rosemary and salt. Lightly fry until crispy in a skillet.
- Mix together alfredo sauce and ranch dressing.
- Mix together the cheddar and mozzarella.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on pizza dough (a little bit goes a long way), then layer the toppings as follows -- potato, bacon, then cheese. Add chives on top if desired.
- Cook according to dough instructions. We used the pizza dough from Papa Murphys and it was done in about 15 minutes.
DOn’t forget to check out all these other create recipes from Bacon Week!
‘); // ]]>
Here is the code for the giveaway:
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com