Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and Land O’Lakes.
A few weeks ago, dinner time rolled around, and Forrest and I had no idea what to make (which, sadly, is a common occurrence, despite my best efforts to plan meals.) Jack doesn’t let us forget when it’s dinner time, so we found ourselves trying to think of all the quick dinner recipes that could be made with the items in our pantry. When I looked in the cupboards and refrigerator, I saw mushrooms, onions, a spaghetti squash, chicken, and a package of Land O’ Lakes Garlic and Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter that we recently bought at Walmart. I started thinking about how yummy a creamy, mushroom chicken pasta would taste.
I suggested it to Forrest, and he agreed — it did sound good. It seemed simple enough, but would *hopefully* be packed with flavor. However, I was pretty tired that day, so Forrest volunteered to make it. And I can honestly say, it was one of the best, easy chicken recipes I’ve ever tasted. I felt like it could have been served at a restaurant! Doesn’t it look delicious?
I could not get enough of it, and after we were done eating, I was already planning to put it in our meal plan again soon. The little loved it (though, he enjoyed the spaghetti squash the most) and it was very filling. And, get this — I even ate it as left overs for lunch the next day. That may not seem like a big deal to some people, but I really don’t like left overs. And I only eat left overs when they are really good. And in case you haven’t gotten the idea yet…this was really good. You can easily put this over pasta, but if you haven’t ever tried spaghetti squash, go to the store now. I prefer it over pasta now (and that’s say something – I love pasta.) Plus, it makes this dish gluten free. Also, we cooked the chicken whole on the stove, but in the instructions I said to cut it up into pieces, so it will cook faster.
We loved using the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, because they had just the perfect amount of seasoning in them, and made it so easy to saute the chicken, onions, and mushrooms. It is such a simple, yet clever idea, and there are so many ways to use them! I’m always looking for little short cuts in cooking that don’t compromise on taste, and I think these do just the trick — they come in several different flavors (Garlic and Herb, Savory Butter and Olive Oil, Italian Herb, Teriyaki, and Lemon Pepper) and can really be used in so many ways. I thought it would be fun to take some of the recipe ideas from the Land O’ Lakes website, and make a meal plan that uses Saute Express every day, just to show how diverse it really is.
Monday: Creamy Mushroom Chicken over Spaghetti Squash
Tuesday: Garlic Cumin Black Bean Burritos
Wednesday: Greek Lamb Pita with Tzatziki Sauce
Thursday: Lemon Pepper Fish Tacos
Saturday: Thai Chicken Pizza
What flavor would you most want to try? These are available at Walmart in the dairy aisle – don’t forget to print off your Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter coupon.
- 2 1/2 Land O' Lakes Garlic and Herb Saute Express (or 2 tablespoon butter + 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning)
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut up into 2-inch chunks.
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or cow's milk)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Prepare spaghetti squash in oven or microwave. Set aside and let cool while preparing the rest of the meal.
- In a saute pan, over medium-high heat, place butter and let sizzle. After butter has melted most of the way, place chicken, mushrooms, and onions in pan. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until they chicken starts to brown, occasionally flipping the mushrooms, chicken, and onions so they don't burn.
- Add milk and flour to the saute pan, and bring to light boil, stirring the whole time. Lower to a simmer, and cover pan for about 10 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over spaghetti squash or pasta.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1185 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 662mg Sodium: 467mg Carbohydrates: 19g Sugar: 5g Protein: 207g
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com