In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I thought it would be fitting to share a recipe that will help keep you healthy (so you can be around your loved ones for a long time!) It’s packed full of power foods that have healthy fats, fiber, and, most importantly, delicious flavors. It’s perfect for anyone who wants the benefits of eating fish, but don’t love the “fishy” taste that fish often has (haha, contradictory, right? But I definitely don’t like fish if it’s too fishy)
I bought some fresh tilapia from the store, and I was trying to decide what I could do to dress it up a little bit. I had a few bags of pistachios in the pantry, and one of them caught my eye — a chili lime flavor. It sounded like a great way to add some spice to the fish, yet still keeping it healthy. We paired it with some spicy, chipotle mustard, and some yummy and spicy quinoa, and it was a delicious, light, and filling meal. For those of you who are doing Weight Watchers’ Points Plus program, the fish is just four points!
4 WW Points+
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 493 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 640mg Carbohydrates: 19g Sugar: 3g Protein: 17g
4 WW Points+
As many of you know, I’ve been working pretty hard this year to get healthier…and I’m happy to say that I’m actually seeing some success from my efforts, which, really, makes me even more motivated! I’ve been trying to eat healthier and exercise more, as well as incorporate foods that help keep me energized and fuller longer..like pistachios. Here are some interesting things I learned about pistachios from the Pistachio Health Institute:
- One serving of pistachios is 49 kernals, compared to 23 almonds, 14 walnut halves, or 18 cashews. I’m all about foods that you can eat more of and not feel bad!
- One serving of pistachios is 12 percent of the daily recommended value for fiber. I don’t know about you, but I seriously struggle to get enough fiber in my diet!
Here are some great tips to help you be healthier this year:
I love the whole “more nuts, more benefits” principal that is discussed in this infographic — the more nuts you eat, the more benefits you get! For those of us with kids who are constantly wanting to eat (Jack is a bottomless pit…I thought I had at least a few years before that set in) nuts are a nice snack to put out and not feel bad about them taking a handful of. I also like how one of the tips in this says, “a short workout is better than no workout at all!” How true is that!?
What are you doing to get healthy and fit in 2014?
Be sure to enter the “Shine Like the Stars Sweepstakes” from the Pistachio Health Institute, for a chance to win:
- (1) Valslides autographed by celebrity fitness trainer, Valerie Waters
- (1) Valerie Waters workout DVD
- (1) Valerie Waters workout instructions
- (1) Pistachio Health tote bag
- (1) Pistachio Health nut container
- (3) 8 oz. bags of pistachios
- (1) $100 VISA Gift Card
To enter, you must “Like” the Pistachio Health Institute Facebook page and enter their name, address and contact information here: http://bit.ly/1ccjp8i.
Participants may enter once a day for the duration of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will end at 3:00 p.m. PDT on Friday, February 14, 2014.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Pistachio Health Institute.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com