Hi everyone! I’m Elizabeth from Food Ramblings, and I am so excited to be paired with Katie for this recipe swap. When Katie and I were first matched, I gushed about my time in Provo and specifically my time at BYU and the obsession I have with their creamery’s chocolate milk and chocolate covered cinnamon gummy bears 🙂
So I don’t know about you, but I think there is nothing I love more than a good burger– big, thick, juicy hamburger. Well, I guess one thing is better- a cheeseburger! I wasn’t feeling well last week, so while I knew a cheeseburger wasn’t the meal to make me feel better, I decided that cheeseburger soup actually would help me since soup is good for you when you’re sick, right?!?
I adapted this recipe from Dinner, Dishes, and Desserts, and I hope that you like it as much as I do!
Cheeseburger Soup from Food Ramblings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups skim milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- crumbled bacon
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef over medium high heat, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. After it begins to brown add onions, and garlic. Cook meat through and until onions are soft.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, crushed tomatoes, and chicken stock. Simmer.
- In a liquid measuring cup whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Slowly stir into the simmering soup. Cook until the soup starts to thicken slightly.
- Add the cheddar cheese, ½ cup at time, stirring after each addition.
- Once the cheese is all added stir in the BBQ sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with bacon and cheese.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com