- 1 Box Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 15 Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, place 1/2 cup chocolate chips and then break up 8 Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses into small pieces. Toss a few times and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, eggs, applesauce, and pumpkin together well until no lumps remain. Pour in Hershey Kiss/Chocolate chip mixture. Stir well.
- In a well-greased bread pan, pour bread mixture. Cook for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for five minutes. Use a knife to help free the sides, and invert onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- After cooled, melt 7 more Hershey kisses in the microwave. Drizzle over the top of the bread.
You can’t see it, but this is right after he reached for the bread when I looked away.
I decided to move to the front porch, where the lighting was better. Well, when I asked Jack to stand up, he lost his balance on fell on top of the bread. Yes, literally on top of it. And he just laid there, trying to figure out what happened. Luckily, both he and the bread survived, but not without pumpkin spice Hershey Kiss war paint to show for it.
We moved to the front porch, and I guess Jack decided he was done with me taking pictures. First, he went up and tried to take down my back drop (with success.)
After I got it back up, he still decided enough was a enough. So he sat on it, making it fall down. And he wouldn’t move.
And finally, when he realized his attempts to sabotage the backdrop were not going to happen, he once again took matters into his own hands. He grabbed the lens to my camera, ran up to me, and pushed it the lens as hard as he can. I guess Jack does not approve of the blogging business today!
In the end, we survived. And how could I be upset with that sweet face? He looks like a little angel who wouldn’t hurt a fly (although we all know otherwise — he would pulverize a fly with his favorite light saber toy if he got a chance.)