We made this on Sunday, and since I did the chicken in the crock pot, it was only a matter of cutting up veggies and frying the fry bread. So easy. And I don’t know about you, but I love the smell of buffalo chicken. It was definitely a wonderful smell to come home to.
So moral of the story — don’t be afraid of making these! It’s so easy, and I think it would be a really easy and fun idea for a party. Perhaps we’ll make them for our graduation in April.
Buffalo Chicken Navajo Tacos
- Fry Bread:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp powdered milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup water
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- For Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 bottle Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Wishbone Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can of green chiles
- Prepare chicken with desired method (if by crock pot and cooking them frozen, four hours on high was perfect. Pour sauce over chicken, and you're good to go.) Once chicken is prepared, shred and keep warm.
- To make the fry bread, first mix together flour, salt, powdered milk, and baking powder. Once combined, pour water over the top and stir with a fork until everything starts to be combined into a lumpy ball. Making sure to first flour your hands, mix the dough by hand into a ball. Do not knead, just mix. After this, break into four pieces. Flatten until they are about 5-7 inches across.
- Heat vegetable oil in cast iron skillet or another deep frying pan. Make sure there is about one-inch of oil. Fry bread until browned on both sides, about three minutes on each side. Pat away excess grease with paper towel.
- Mix together refried beans and green chiles and heat up on stove or in microwave. Prepare other toppings.
- Assemble as desired, but the suggested order is fry bread, layer of refried bean mixture, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, then dressing.
- Fry bread would also be delicious with honey for dessert!
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com