This post was sponsored on behalf of Curious World via One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
I try to limit Jack’s screen time whenever possible – especially when it comes to mindless games.
But I’d be lying if I said we didn’t let him use electronic devices. While they can be distracting and definitely used too much, there are so many educational things you can do with them. Whenever Jack is on an electronic device, you’ll most likely find him playing with an educational app or listening to a children’s book. He loves it.
Since we can’t afford to put him in preschool right now (it’s ridiculously expensive it is where we currently live), and I’ve been busy with a newborn, it’s been nice to be able to have some educational things for him to do and learn from. He really seems to retain so much right now, and I’m always impressed with what he is learning. He really is a smart kiddo! We recently learned about the Curious World app, and we are big fans.
This app is for children ages 3 through 7. It features hundreds of e-books, games, and videos. All content is educational but fun at the same time. We personally love the books. The books featured in the app are picture books that allow for the option of the child (or parent) reading it themselves, or listen to a recorded version for those that don’t know how to read yet.
After using it for a few days, here are some of the benefits I’ve seen of the Curious World App:
- High-quality games and books. I felt like the games weren’t just mindless, silly games, but they teach reasoning skills, encourage thinking, and they feature familiar characters like Curious George.
- The e-books! There are SO many wonderful books to choose from. This is Jack’s favorite part of the app as well. He is always asking me if we can find a fun book for him to read/listen to. His favorite is the Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree book. It’s super cute.
- Customizable for your child’s age – when you set up a profile, it has you put in your child’s birthdate. From this information, all the games, videos, and books that are available for your child are geared specifically toward their age and developmental stage. I LOVE when you can have a product or service that can be used for a variety of different ages. You can have up to four different profiles per account, so if you have more than one child, all of them can enjoy this app.
- The parental dashboard – this is one of the coolest parts of Curious World (well, for the parent.) By logging into the dashboard, you can not only see how many minutes your child has used the app, but in what areas they have spent the most time. It is broken down into the type of media they are using (book, game, or video) as well as by the learning area. I think this is really cool, so you can make sure your child is being exposed to a variety of different skills, as well as mediums. I know that I want to make sure Jack isn’t just playing the games in this app! It also tells you what games/books/videos your kid has been playing the most and gives suggestions on what they might enjoy.
- It is not Internet-based. You have to download it and sign-in using the Internet, but beyond that, you don’t have to worry about your child being connected to data to use it. There are no advertisements or in-app purchases to worry about, either.
- New activities are constantly being added on a weekly basis. This makes certain that your child always is being exposed to new material!
Overall, I’ve been very impressed with the app so far. It is only available in the Apple App Store on devices with IOS 8+ (sorry, Android fans – they are working on it), but it’s a lot of fun. While some of the app can be accessed for free, unlimited access is available through a subscription that you can buy on the Curious World website. You can get a free 30-day trial to see if you like it. If you do, it’s $9.99 a month after that.
If you are looking for a fun and educational app for your child with endless features and learning opportunities, I definitely recommend trying this out. It’s great if you have children of different ages, and you want a safe, fun learning environment for them. You can enjoy it with your child as well – I love reading the books with Jack and discovering some of the fun activities it has to offer.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com