I love popcorn, and I’m always trying to come up with new ways to make it. I’ve shared several of my recipes in the past, and today, I have a few more. And for those of you who are still trying to come up with a last minute Christmas gift, I have a very tasty idea for you!
How many of you buy those big tubs of popcorn at the store with multiple flavors? I feel like it isn’t really Christmas without one! So this year, I thought, why not make my own gourmet popcorn to give as gifts…and so begun my day long adventure of making delicious popcorn!
In the end, I made four different kinds. I bought clear, plastic goodie bags at Target, and divided them into those bags. And then, I stuffed them into a stocking I bought at Target for $1. It was quick and cute, and didn’t cost a lot. If you want, you could even buy a bucket like the popcorn buckets at the store, and fill it up with different flavors, or just make these quick and cute popcorn sampler bags. If you have a hard to shop for person on your list, definitely consider doing this!
Now…for the recipes!
The first one I made was a chili cheddar popcorn. I couldn’t get enough of this one!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light Karo Syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Separate popcorn from kernels and place in a large bowl
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, place brown sugar, Karo Syrup, and butter. Once butter is melted, bring to a boil and stir constantly.
- Stir constantly for five minutes at a boil.
- Remove sauce pan from stove and immediately stir in vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour immediately over popcorn and stir with a rubber spatula.
- On a greased cookie sheet, evenly spread popcorn. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 15 oreos
- 1 bag Wilton Candy Melts (I used green)
- Separate kernels from popcorn and place in a large bowl.
- Crush oreos into small pieces. Mix with popcorn
- Melt candy melts according to instructions. When completely melted, pour immediately in the bowl of popcorn and mix until everything is well-combined (easiest to do with rubber spatula.)
And this final recipe is my favorite! I actually shared it a few months ago, so be sure to go to this link for this delicious Cookie Butter and Jelly Popcorn.
What type of gourmet popcorn do you like to make?
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com