This post is sponsored by Shirley J, and there are affiliate links used. All opinions are 100% my own 🙂
Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? We are thankfully just about done. Tomorrow we need to send some presents off to North Carolina, and I’m waiting for one more item from Amazon…but besides that…we’re done!
In case you are still looking for a fun gift idea, I have something that is simple…and delicious! A baking gift set. Even for someone who doesn’t know how to cook very well, this can be a fun gift, especially for a hard to shop for person.
You can buy a variety of items for this, but here is what I put in the gift set pictured above;
- Artisan Non-Stick Silicon Baking mats – 2 set (works just like Silpat, but less expensive. A must have for cookies!)
- OXO 3 Piece Silicone Spatula Set (perfect for scraping cookie dough out of a bowl!)
- Push Button Cookie Dough Scoop
- Shirley J Soft Ginger Molasses Cookie Mix, Shirley J Classic Sugar Cookie Mix, and Shirley J Oatmeal Jumbles Cookie Mix
- Prepared Shirley J Coconutty Macaroon Mix with caramel
Some other ideas:
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
- Metal Cookie Scoop
- Pyrex Three Piece Mixing Bowl Set (glass)
- Cook Pro 4 Piece Mixing Bowl Set (plastic)
- Pure Vanilla (this kind from Shirley J is the best!)
- OXO Whisk
- Magnetic Measuring Spoons (best things EVER)
- Insulated Cookie Sheets
As you can see, I used a few items from Shirley J. They are a cute company that started in Orem, Utah, and creates the most delicious baking and cooking mixes. I reviewed their slow cooker line awhile back, as well as their Muggin’ Line, and their cookie line is just as good. They are seriously so easy. For the coconut macaroons, all you do is add water. SO simple. I dressed it up a little bit, and added caramel bits (I cooked them for 13 minutes, instead of the recommended 18-20), and they were so addicting (and in case you don’t have access to Shirley J, I’ve included a recipe at the end for homemade caramel macaroons) Shirley J’s other cookie mixes are just as delicious, and perfect for gifts. Even if someone has never cooked a day in their life, they are near impossible to mess up.
Shirley J products can be bought online , or by going to their store in Orem. However, they recently started releasing their line to different grocery stores…which is awesome. Be sure to be on the lookout for these at your local grocery store! I’m going to order some more macaroons soon (my favorite cookie of choice!)
As I already mentioned, I also am including a recipe for homemade caramel coconut macaroons. These are SO yummy. I think caramel and coconut make for the perfect combination, and they come together quickly. Definitely one of my favorite cookies to date! (and I know these look kind of burnt…it’s just because of the caramel. They totally weren’t burnt!)
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).