MERRY CHRISTMAS from Sheryl at Lady Behind The Curtain. I am so happy to be celebrating a HANDMADE CHRISTMAS with you!
This Basic Divinity Holiday Gift is so easy to make and most likely you already have all the ingredients in your pantry including the container! (scroll down to see the surprise item I used to make this cute container. You could also add my Microwave Lemon Fudge or my Microwave Pralines.
Basic Divinity Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan combine sugar, light corn syrup, and water.
- Cook over medium-high heat to boiling, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to dissolve sugar. This should take 5 to 7 minutes.
- Avoid splashing mixture on sides of pan.
- Carefully clip candy thermometer to side of pan.
- Cook over medium heat, without stirring, till thermometer register 260 degrees, hard-ball stage. Mixture should boil at a moderate, steady rate over the entire surface.
- Reaching hard-ball stage should take about 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat; remove thermometer from saucepan. I
- n a large mixer bowl, immediately beat egg whites with a sturdy, freestanding electric mixer on medium speed till stiff peaks form.
- Gradually pour hot mixture in a thin stream over egg whites, beating with the electric mixer on high speed and scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- This should take about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla. Continue beating on high speed. When beaters are lifted, mixture should fall in a ribbon, but mound on itself and not disappear into remaining mixture.
- Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Drop a spoonful of the mixture onto waxed paper.
For some reason I only make this soft melt in your mouth candy during the holiday season. Maybe that’s what makes it so special.
Pour the sugar, corn syrup and water in a pot, stir, clip on a candy thermometer, bring to a boil and cook over medium heat, without stirring, till thermometer register 260 degrees, hard-ball stage.
In a large mixer bowl, immediately beat egg whites with a sturdy, freestanding electric mixer on medium speed till stiff peaks form.
Gradually pour hot mixture in a thin stream over egg whites, beating with the electric mixer on high speed and scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
Drop a spoonful of the mixture onto waxed paper.
Surprise your family with a little treat on the Christmas Table!
Wrap an empty foil box to make a DIY Christmas gift container!
MORE EASY HOLIDAY CANDY RECIPES
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com