Looking for a way to be less sedentary while working? The FLEXISPOT Deskcise Pro V9 might be the solution for you! Here are my honest thoughts on the bike, as well as how to get 5% off. They also offer great standing desk risers!
Working from home has a lot of benefits, but it certainly makes it easier to sit a lot.
Which isn’t really a good thing!
Anyone who works at a computer can definitely lament with the fact that
A while ago, I got a standing desk riser, which I loved. It made me feel a lot less sedentary as I was at the computer, and I could tell a difference with my health.
Well, a few months ago, I bought a new desk…and while I love it, my desk riser didn’t work. I was so sad! Every time I go to sit down at my desk, I just feel like a big blob. And whenever I would work on my laptop (which, honestly, is more often than not), I would just sit on the couch or in my room.
Not a fan.
So when we went back East a few weeks ago, I saw an advertisement for the FLEXISPOT Desk Bike (Deskercize Bike!), and I knew it was something I might like.
I reached out to the company, and they kindly offered to send me one to try out! It arrived while we were still on vacation, and I could hardly wait to set it up!
After using it for about a week now, I can honestly say I’m sold. I wasn’t sure how high of quality it would be, but I’m blown away. It feels sturdy and like it’s going to last a long time.
Because I’m sure this bike desk is only going to gain popularity in the coming months, I thought I would write a review so to help you decide!
And yes, as I write this post, I am on the bike. I seriously love it and use it all the time. It’s almost to the point where I feel like I can’t be on my laptop unless I’m on the bike!
FLEXISPOT Desk Bike Review
Deskcise Pro V9 versus Deskcise Pro V9U
So, first off, there are actually two options available from the FLEXISPOT website – there is the full bike that comes with the desk (the Desksize Pro V9) and then there is one that you can put under your existing desk, so it’s just the bike.
I would honestly just get the under desk bike if you already have a desk that is raised up. For many traditional desks, you won’t be able to fit it underneath, and you would need to purchase another desk.
Beyond that, the mechanics of the bikes are the same. I personally love having the desk attachment. It still has a pretty small footprint, and it can be easily moved away and stored.
The cost difference is about $70.
I was surprised with how many features the Deskcise had! I was honestly expecting it to be a pretty bare bones bike, but it definitely rivals that of a standard stationary bike.
First off, I’ll talk about the bike:
- Seat – the seat is very cushiony! I’ve used a lot of stationary bikes in my life, and let’s just say not all of them have exuded comfort. This seat is molded very nicely, and I don’t get sick of being on it for a long period of time. I can feel a little soreness afterward, but it’s nothing unmanageable. The seat can be moved up or down, though you do have to put a little shoulder in it to get it to go down.
- Pedals – The pedals have nice, plastic covers which are comfy (because I often use it without my shoes on…shhh, don’t tell anyone), and they are nice and wide. I don’t find my feet slipping at all. If I take my feet off to adjust them, the pedal does flip a little bit when I try and put my foot back on, but it’s not really a big deal.
- Resistance – The bike has eight resistance levels, so you can definitely get a pretty nice workout…but still go at your own pace. I will switch back and forth while using it to different resistance levels. I’m finding myself turning it up more often than not!
- Tracking – There is a nice digital display with different metrics that it tracks while you exercise. It has a timer, speed, distance, calories burned, RPM, and an odometer. It seems that it keeps track of the lifetime of the distance and calories burned. I’m not 100% sure how to reset this, though I use my Apple Watch to track my calories normally for each workout.
- Water Bottle Holder – There is a nice, slip-resistant holder for a cup of water or your water bottle.
- Wheels – it has wheels on the bottom so you can easily move it around once you get it set up. The legs also fold in, which makes for easier storage.
And now, more about the attached desk:
- Adjustable – you can move the desk up or down or back and forth. Similar to the seat, if you are wanting it to go down, you do have to push down on it quite a bit. If you aren’t the strongest person, this might be annoying (though once you get it into the position you like.
- Armrest- this is a nice addition. It is made of rubber, and it works well as a place to put your arms. Not sure what else to put about that. Ha!
- Desk – the desk itself is nice and wide. It fits
- I love that it doubles as a standing desk! You may not want to ride the bike all day, so you can just go to the other side of the desk, and it works perfectly as a standing desk. No need to ever sit again!
This was SO easy! Forrest put it together in less than 10 minutes. Often we get things in the mail that take HOURS to put together, and the instructions are often so hard to decipher. That wasn’t the case for the Desckcise Pro. Forrest was really impressed with how easily it got put together.
It is quite heavy when it arrives in the box. Not so heavy that Forrest couldn’t move it down the stairs himself, but it is a bit tricky moving it around.
As I’ve already said, this is a really high-quality product. Not only does it work great, but it feels really solid. I feel like it’s going to last a really long time.
The only complaint I have is that the desk can feel a little wobbly, and my laptop screen wiggles if I start moving too quickly. It doesn’t actually bother me, but I know some people who might get a little bit of a headache or dizzy after awhile. It’s just something to keep in mind!
Well, this is always the hard part – the price. For a product that comes with a bike pre-installed, it’s not going to be the cheapest thing around. It is $499 for the V9, and it’s $429 for the under desk version.
With that said, it is an investment in your health. Studies are showing that sitting for long periods of the day is as bad – if not worse – than smoking! Even if you don’t want to get the bike, I highly recommend getting a desk riser (which FLEXISPOT sells) or a standing desk. It can only improve your health, and I hope to see more and more offices implementing them throughout the workspaces. FLEXISPOT offers discounts on buying multiple ones, so if that’s what you are looking for, definitely shop through them.
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com