These white chocolate cranberry cookies are soft, slightly sweet, and a little healthier than your average cookie. Which is a good thing – you’ll have a hard time just eating one!
- 1/4 cup butter or butter substitute softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup AllWhites® egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour gluten free flour works well, too
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Beat in egg whites
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- Stir in cranberries, white chocolate chips, and pecans.
- On wax paper, shape dough into about a 10-inch round log.
- Wrap tightly in wax paper; freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- With sharp knife cut log 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are a light golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately and cool completely on a cooling rack.
I’m not one of those people who could totally swear off sweets. Sure, it may be healthier…but life just wouldn’t be as delicious. I enjoy making cookies, cakes, brownies…everything!
Still, I have been trying to be more conscious about the health content of the food we eat, especially for Jack. It’s important to me to help raise him to be healthy and active, so when I do make treats, I try to make them a little healthier. When baking, there are plenty of swaps you can make to make recipes a little healthier. Oil can be substituted with applesauce, sugar can usually be cut down a little bit, and white flour can be substituted for whole wheat flour. Something else I learned recently is that you don’t always have to use the yolk of an egg in different recipes. If you don’t want to separate eggs yourself (because it can get so messy), there’s a great product called AllWhites Egg Whites, which is just a carton of egg whites. Very helpful for baking and to encourage healthier eating. You can get at $0.50 Off AllWhites Egg Whites if you want to try it out!
NEVER Miss Another Recipe!
Sign up for our food and recipe newsletter today
- Free eRecipeBook upon signup
- Free Meal Planning Bundle
- Easy and Family Friendly Recipes EVERYONE Will Love!
I discovered these apple cranberry icebox cookies recently, and I couldn’t wait to try them. They looked pretty easy and delicious, and they kind of reminded me of the white chocolate raspberry cookies they sell at Subway. I’m not a huge fan of apple, so I decided to omit the dried apples, add some chopped pecans (I just love the crunch), and some white chocolate chips, just for fun. We also used gluten free all purpose flour since Jack is on a gluten-free free diet, but using whole-wheat flour is just fine as well. I have to say, these were some of the softest cookies I’ve eaten in awhile! I LOVE soft cookies (sorry, crunchy cookie fans), and these were delicious. I felt like they weren’t overly sweet, and I didn’t feel guilty eating two.
All we ask is that you be kind. We welcome differing opinions, but any comments containing personal attacks, sarcasm, etc. will be removed immediately. Keyboard warriors aren’t welcome 🙂 All comments are moderated and may take time to be approved. Anything not pertaining specifically to the content of a post will be removed (including comments about ads).