Do you ever feel just totally unmotivated? That’s how I’m feeling right now. Really, ever since the New Year started, I haven’t wanted to do much of anything. I’m tired, trying to get over a cold/cough, and all my creative ideas went out the window. Not to mention the fact that my laptop charger stopped working, where all my photos and computer editing software is, so even if I wanted to write a spectacular post, it’s a lot harder until my new charger arrives.
So, that’s why I’m really, really excited to start the LeanMoms.com program tomorrow. Part of me just needs some structure that actually forces me to eat at regular intervals, rather than forgetting to eat until the late afternoon and just snacking on cookies and junk food (not that I do that..ahem.) The other part of me hopes it gives me a jump start into being healthier and feeling better.
Jack slept through the night for the first time ever last night, so I’m hoping that helps with my weight loss efforts, too 😉
As I’ve said before, I don’t believe in going on diets that I can’t keep up in the long run, Lean Moms included. I think it has a great framework set up, but it’s not something I can do forever (you eat the same meal every day for a week, and there are six meal plans. I like variety, not monotony.) So I plan to loosely follow along. Perhaps I won’t see the same results as someone who follows it perfectly, but I hope that by doing it my way (following the basic principles, just not as strictly) I will be able to maintain any weight loss I do have after the six weeks are over!
Anyways, today is the first day of the “detox.” I like this detox, because I actually get to eat real food. Not just shakes, or supplements (or lemons and limes!) I do have to throw in green smoothies several times a day, which I was hesitant about. Luckily, I discovered some good recipes, and made one of my own, that turned out delicious. It’s easy, healthy, and I am not dreading the thought of drinking it every day.
In addition, I am going to share the yummy eggs I made this morning! Eggs are a great source of protein, and a good way to get in the 4-6 servings of protein I’m supposed to have during this detox. Plus, Jack loves eggs, and he enjoyed eating this, too!
Chile Verde Scrambled Eggs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 mushroom sliced
- parmesan cheese
- Green Chile Verde Salsa
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- Melt coconut oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Crack two eggs, and immediately start to scramble them.
- Add in onion, red pepper, and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Top with parmesan cheese, and let cook one minute.
- Remove from pan, and mix together with about 2 tablespoons of green chile verde salsa
Check out our most loved products and services in the Clark household! All of these are loved and used on a regular basis.
- For the Baker – Bosch Mixer
- For the Crafter –WorkBox 3.0
- Favorite Travel Agent – Get Away Today (use clarkscondensed for $10 off any 2 day or more package)
- Best Way to Workout – Aaptiv (30-day free trial)
- For the Reader – Scribd (60-day free trial)
- Pregnant? – Online Prenatal Class (use CLARKS for 10% off)
- Hot or cold at night? – BedJet
- Need more sleep with a newborn? – Owlet Refurb
- Shop through Target
- Shop through Amazon
- Shop through Cricut.com
- Shop through Walmart.com
- Shop through Kohls.com